Last week we began a fun exercise, looking deeply at the highest ranked Diamondbacks prospects of all time. We’ll keep it rolling today as we discuss prospect classes from 2008 through present with the use of Baseball America’s all-time top 100 prospect lists. Let’s just dive right in, shall we?
With the graduation of guys like Justin Upton, …Continue Reading →
Midseason prospect lists are starting to roll out as we’re more than halfway through the full season affiliates’ seasons and the short season teams are well underway. New prospects have been added thanks to June’s draft and the D-backs got all of their picks in the top ten rounds signed. RHP Matt Tabor was the last to do so and …Continue Reading →
The D-backs are in the midst of a fine April. They’ve won 12 of their first 14 games at home this season, a tally that seems like it took forever to reach last year. They’ve averaged something like 7.5 runs per game at home and they are halfway through a 10-game homestand that’ll eventually bring the division-leading Rockies to town. …Continue Reading →
Earlier this week, I released the first installment in this series, with prospects #21-31. There was plenty of intrigue there and that trend is going to continue today. While this is a tough group to rate with so little separating a ton of players, we’ll start seeing more upside in this installment, with a bit more impact potential on …Continue Reading →
With the draft completed, the Diamondbacks are at full capacity on the farm. With four full-season affiliates underway already (Kane County/Visalia update, Mobile/Reno update), the team has five short season teams now in action. That’s another roughly 135 players to keep track of, making my life busy, but giving us hope for the future as things at …Continue Reading →
As you may recall, the 2015 MLB Draft left us with some concerns about the Diamondbacks. The biggest concern was due to the fact that Arizona had the largest bonus pool of any team and, with a soon-to-expire CBA in place that left future draft allocations uncertain, failed to utilize that pool of money for competitive advantage. Aiding the …Continue Reading →
- Diamondbacks 2018 Draft Thoughts
- Baseball Prospectus is Coming to Chase Field — Join Us!
- Ketel Marte Wins, Diamondbacks Win, Baseball Maybe Doesn’t
- New Ventures and Familiar Places
- How Big is the Souza/Martinez Gap with a Humidor Installed?
- Doubting Tomás: The Trouble with Finding Yasmany Playing Time
- D-backs Miss Martinez, Add Souza and Stay Flexible
Powered by: Web Designers
- Best part of Peralta’s 108 mph fliner over the fence, IMHO: that he got that much leverage despite scooping it out… https://t.co/ivBrl76adF, Apr 08
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: If you're bored of watching Patrick Corbin get dudes out, you can check out my latest for @TheAthleticAZ. https://t.co/k1DymgY7zO, Apr 04
- Of course, they may have overtaken the league lead for outs on the bases just now, also... But in 2017, Arizona ha… https://t.co/38MBrr2D4b, Apr 04
- Prior to the games today, there had only been 5 steals of 3rd this season (and no CS) in the National League. The… https://t.co/gVVL84vPQ5, Apr 04
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: Patrick Corbin has a WPA of .318 and it's only the fifth inning., Apr 04
Powered by: Web Designers
- Anyone know if he's related to the #Dbacks hitting strategist, Robert Van Scoyoc? https://t.co/HquF7G59Y1, 3 mins ago
- RT @ZHBuchanan: Suddenly losing 3 mph off your fastball can be a harbinger of injury or getting your teeth knocked out by opposing… https://t.co/eDgsgfgft3, 6 mins ago
- RT @KyleAMadson: Mom: "Did you clean your room?" Me: "Yes." Mom: "So if I go look right now your room will be spotless?" Me: https://t.co/oXp7LAvL7s, 2 hours ago
- RHP Tommy Eveld earned his 4th save of the year for @VisaliaRawhide yesterday. Over 21.1 innings this season, he's… https://t.co/BA2xXUy4WR, 2 hours ago
- LHP Alex Young allowed one earned over six innings for @Aces yesterday. He struck out six and walked two. #DbacksMinors, 2 hours ago
FanGraphs Stats Glossary
Nick Piecoro Author Page
Cot's Baseball Contracts
BP Base Running Stats
Previously on The Pool Shot, the guys explained some of their favorite advanced stats. Hitting, including wRC+, HHAV and batted ball; pitching (38:00), including FIP, xFIP and SIERA; and baserunning and defense, including UBR, UZR and DRS (58:00).