Baseball is on Facebook. It’s warm and sunny in Portland while cool Phoenix. The Diamondbacks are better than we ever dreamed and the Dodgers are riding the struggle bus. The world is all out of whack and no one’s complaining.
In fact, there are even reasons to be excited!
Our friends from Baseball Prospectus are hosting what is shaping up to be a tremendous event at Chase Field on June 30th! If you buy a ticket, you’ll be admitted to a private event about two hours before game time. You’ll hear from Baseball Prospectus personalities like Craig Goldstein and Brett Sayre, D-backs pre/post game radio man Mike Ferrin, D-backs Director of Pro Scouting Jason Parks and D-backs Director of Baseball Operations Sam Eaton. You’ll also receive a ticket to the ballgame, a D-backs duffel bag and a discount on your next Baseball Prospectus subscription. That’s a damn fine way to spend $46, which also happens to be Patrick Corbin’s jersey number so you know it’s gonna be good.
Yours truly may also be in attendance and for those who’ve followed this site for any time at all, you’ll recognize the power and insight provided by the guests listed above. So come hang out. Come have fun! Come meet other passionate baseball fans and make new friends!
For more information and to buy tickets, please click here.
- Diamondbacks 2018 Draft Thoughts
- Baseball Prospectus is Coming to Chase Field — Join Us!
- Ketel Marte Wins, Diamondbacks Win, Baseball Maybe Doesn’t
- New Ventures and Familiar Places
- How Big is the Souza/Martinez Gap with a Humidor Installed?
- Doubting Tomás: The Trouble with Finding Yasmany Playing Time
- D-backs Miss Martinez, Add Souza and Stay Flexible
Powered by: Web Designers
- Best part of Peralta’s 108 mph fliner over the fence, IMHO: that he got that much leverage despite scooping it out… https://t.co/ivBrl76adF, Apr 08
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: If you're bored of watching Patrick Corbin get dudes out, you can check out my latest for @TheAthleticAZ. https://t.co/k1DymgY7zO, Apr 04
- Of course, they may have overtaken the league lead for outs on the bases just now, also... But in 2017, Arizona ha… https://t.co/38MBrr2D4b, Apr 04
- Prior to the games today, there had only been 5 steals of 3rd this season (and no CS) in the National League. The… https://t.co/gVVL84vPQ5, Apr 04
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: Patrick Corbin has a WPA of .318 and it's only the fifth inning., Apr 04
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @Mike_Ferrin: This piece from @ctrent on his 72 hours of Dominican Baseball is really, really great. https://t.co/83ztmENFHr, 8 hours ago
- RT @DSzymborski: It is almost impossible to overstate just how important the #Rockies/#Dodgers series is to the eventual NL West res… https://t.co/XyOfJqezAS, 17 hours ago
- RT @TheAthleticAZ: So good, from @ZHBuchanan on how one guy - playing with the knowledge that Paul Goldschmidt is ahead of him - prepa… https://t.co/ic6xOMT7ly, Sep 15
- I wish I cared about postseason awards, Sep 15
- RT @TheAthleticAZ: The @Dbacks hoped Souza would help the hole created when JD Martinez left. Great insider look from @OutfieldGrass24 https://t.co/Is3i5fr7Od, Sep 13
FanGraphs Stats Glossary
Nick Piecoro Author Page
Cot's Baseball Contracts
BP Base Running Stats
Previously on The Pool Shot, the guys explained some of their favorite advanced stats. Hitting, including wRC+, HHAV and batted ball; pitching (38:00), including FIP, xFIP and SIERA; and baserunning and defense, including UBR, UZR and DRS (58:00).