When the Diamondbacks traded for J.D. Martinez, they attempted to shore up a few issues. First and foremost, he provided depth to a depleted outfield. Yasmany Tomas has suffered yet another setback in his attempt to get back to action and it’s looking more and more like he won’t return this season. Gregor Blanco is a league average hitter …Continue Reading →
The Diamondbacks found themselves thin in the middle infield a few weeks back. So thin, in fact, that they turned to Adam Rosales to save the day. If that’s not a sign of trouble, I don’t know what is. True, Rosales can hit some left-handed pitching, something that’s given the club trouble this season. But it’s not Rosales holding down …Continue Reading →
With the Diamondbacks winning seven in a row, including five on the road, the team is finally drawing some serious national attention. Paul Goldschmidt is off to the best start of his career. Zack Greinke is back on track. Robbie Ray has finally harnessed a breaking ball and he’s seen his stock rise. Jake Lamb leads the majors in …Continue Reading →
Last night was fun. The Diamondbacks punished Jered Weaver just like they should have, launching three homers off the diminished right-hander. But after a late Ryan Schimpf home run, the D-backs’ lead shrunk to the three, resulting in anxiety. Would Torrey Lovullo get Fernando Rodney up? Just the night before, Rodney surrendered five runs on six hits while recording just …Continue Reading →
The Diamondbacks had a pretty good road trip going before they ran into the buzzsaw that is Padres pitching. Yeah, buzzsaw. The Padres may have the worst pitching staff in baseball by a lot of measures, but the D-backs may see it differently. They faced Jhoulys Chacin on Wednesday night, then Clayton Richard on Thursday. They managed one run …Continue Reading →
- How Might Baseball’s New Market Impact the D-backs?
- Extending Paul Goldschmidt Won’t Be Easy (Part II)
- Re-Signing Paul Goldschmidt Won’t Be Easy (Part I)
- It Was a Hell Of a Run
- Is This What Success Feels Like?
- Work In Progress: Jimmie Sherfy’s Path to the Majors
- Finding the Cash to Keep J.D. Martinez Won’t Be Easy
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: @ryanpmorrison https://t.co/dibanQ5aRf, Apr 07
- It finally happened! From the archives, why a humidor for Chase Field baseballs made tons of sense for 2017: https://t.co/HCgGsfNA3C, Apr 06
- It's been fun watching Real Baseball again, but I look forward to seeing the #Dbacks hitters on their Opening Day on Tuesday, Apr 02
- Re: #Dbacks broadcast comments abt value of keeping runner on second with a could-be passed ball, try EPAA and EPAA Runs, at @baseballpro, Apr 02
- #Dbacks responses needed, and I'm totes curious about the results. So get at it https://t.co/V1UxrZgtKX, Apr 02
FanGraphs Stats Glossary
Nick Piecoro Author Page
Cot's Baseball Contracts
BP Base Running Stats
Previously on The Pool Shot, the guys explained some of their favorite advanced stats. Hitting, including wRC+, HHAV and batted ball; pitching (38:00), including FIP, xFIP and SIERA; and baserunning and defense, including UBR, UZR and DRS (58:00).