With the improved play of the Diamondbacks this year, it’s easy to focus on what’s taking place in the majors. There are a boatload of compelling storylines, like Yasmany Tomas’ transition to the majors, Jake Lamb’s emergence (and Ryan’s subsequent adoration), Archie Bradley’s ups and down, Paul Goldschmidt’s battle with Bryce Harper for NL bragging rights, …Continue Reading →
It’s hardly a secret, but Visalia is a disorienting place to play. It’s notorious for warping statistical outcomes and any time a batter’s performance exceeds expectations or a pitcher’s performance disappoints, it’s common to say, “well, hey, it was at Visalia.” In fact, the entire California League is brutal on pitchers and rewards hitters like no other.
That’s not a …Continue Reading →
Today we’re running down Diamondback prospects 21-30. The back end of the Top 30 is littered with young players who project some upside and a couple of older relief arms who are close to the majors. Unsurprisingly, the volatility is often rather high here there is a large range of outcomes associated with these often unrefined talents. Let’s just jump …Continue Reading →
In what would turn out to be the final season in Silver Hawks history, South Bend utilized a breakout season from shortstop prospect Andrew Velazquez and consistent pitching from the rotation and closer Silvino Bracho to make a playoff run. Although they lost in the first round of the Midwest League playoffs, the Diamondbacks’ full-season single a affiliate is yet …Continue Reading →
So, the Diamondbacks made some trades yesterday and acquired some pieces in return. I don’t want to get too in-depth on the trades themselves, but I’d like to review what the team received in return for outfielder Gerardo Parra and third baseman Martin Prado. It should noted that the team saved $1.6M this year in dealing Parra, plus whatever …Continue Reading →
- Diamondbacks 2018 Draft Thoughts
- Baseball Prospectus is Coming to Chase Field — Join Us!
- Ketel Marte Wins, Diamondbacks Win, Baseball Maybe Doesn’t
- New Ventures and Familiar Places
- How Big is the Souza/Martinez Gap with a Humidor Installed?
- Doubting Tomás: The Trouble with Finding Yasmany Playing Time
- D-backs Miss Martinez, Add Souza and Stay Flexible
Powered by: Web Designers
- Best part of Peralta’s 108 mph fliner over the fence, IMHO: that he got that much leverage despite scooping it out… https://t.co/ivBrl76adF, Apr 08
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: If you're bored of watching Patrick Corbin get dudes out, you can check out my latest for @TheAthleticAZ. https://t.co/k1DymgY7zO, Apr 04
- Of course, they may have overtaken the league lead for outs on the bases just now, also... But in 2017, Arizona ha… https://t.co/38MBrr2D4b, Apr 04
- Prior to the games today, there had only been 5 steals of 3rd this season (and no CS) in the National League. The… https://t.co/gVVL84vPQ5, Apr 04
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: Patrick Corbin has a WPA of .318 and it's only the fifth inning., Apr 04
Powered by: Web Designers
- NW peeps, this is worthy of a look https://t.co/R1ccr3da1D, 2 hours ago
- #Dbacks have a pair on this list https://t.co/PPZSmUE9xb, 2 hours ago
- RT @vinnielongopbp: RHP Randall Delgado strikes out a pair and works around a lead-off single in a rehab appearance for #GenerationDbacks., 3 hours ago
- RT @jacobgrier: The Portland airport bathroom is great for when you want to sample an artisanal, hand-selected flight of air dryers. https://t.co/vJZiobkuwI, Jun 05
- Madison Bumlincecum, 4 hours ago
FanGraphs Stats Glossary
Nick Piecoro Author Page
Cot's Baseball Contracts
BP Base Running Stats
Previously on The Pool Shot, the guys explained some of their favorite advanced stats. Hitting, including wRC+, HHAV and batted ball; pitching (38:00), including FIP, xFIP and SIERA; and baserunning and defense, including UBR, UZR and DRS (58:00).