My goodness, there are a ton of relief arms in camp this spring. I know, I know. This isn’t exactly unheard of as relievers, especially those not slated for late inning duty, are probably the most fungible assets in the game. They’re also the most volatile. With performances fluctuating wildly and sample sizes small, evaluating relievers is difficult in the …Continue Reading →
How do you know if something is broken? Usually, you give something a go and don’t get the desired effect. Maybe you try again and still get an error. Other times, after a second try, everything works just fine. There always little blips on the radar of life. I mean, we all have to cycle our routers once in a …Continue Reading →
Some seasons are forgettable, but the 2016 Diamondbacks season was simply disappointing beyond measure. There’s no use dwelling on it any further and if you’re anything like me, you’ve already shifted your attention to the future. Renewed optimism is in order after the hiring of GM Mike Hazen, and we even took the liberty to offer up some ideas …Continue Reading →
The Arizona Fall League is upon us once again, which is sort of hard to believe, but I guess time flies when you’re losing a bunch of games. In case you’re not privy, the Arizona Fall League is the premier prospect league of the minor league season and it takes place in the Phoenix metro area in October and November. …Continue Reading →
On a Thursday we took a look at the top prospects and performers for the DSL D-backs and AZL D-backs. Continuing that trend, we’ll dive into part two of the four part series, this time evaluating the Missoula Osprey and Hillsboro Hops where things look much, much better. Let’s get started.
Missoula Osprey (Pioneer League)
- 42-33 – 1st (out
- Diamondbacks 2018 Draft Thoughts
- Baseball Prospectus is Coming to Chase Field — Join Us!
- Ketel Marte Wins, Diamondbacks Win, Baseball Maybe Doesn’t
- New Ventures and Familiar Places
- How Big is the Souza/Martinez Gap with a Humidor Installed?
- Doubting Tomás: The Trouble with Finding Yasmany Playing Time
- D-backs Miss Martinez, Add Souza and Stay Flexible
Powered by: Web Designers
- Best part of Peralta’s 108 mph fliner over the fence, IMHO: that he got that much leverage despite scooping it out… https://t.co/ivBrl76adF, Apr 08
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: If you're bored of watching Patrick Corbin get dudes out, you can check out my latest for @TheAthleticAZ. https://t.co/k1DymgY7zO, Apr 04
- Of course, they may have overtaken the league lead for outs on the bases just now, also... But in 2017, Arizona ha… https://t.co/38MBrr2D4b, Apr 04
- Prior to the games today, there had only been 5 steals of 3rd this season (and no CS) in the National League. The… https://t.co/gVVL84vPQ5, Apr 04
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: Patrick Corbin has a WPA of .318 and it's only the fifth inning., Apr 04
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @SteveGilbertMLB: #Rockies plunk Goldschmidt with a pitch in the ninth. I think that's the maddest I've ever seen him on a baseball f… https://t.co/bCMajSjq1D, 1 hour ago
- RT @ZHBuchanan: Paul Goldschmidt was just hit by a Brooks Pounders pitch and turned to say something to Tony Wolters about it., 1 hour ago
- I'm glad I got that Daniel-Descalso-carrying-the-offense article written last week because it looks like Paul Golds… https://t.co/TczoQG8wfu, 4 hours ago
- RT @Dbacks: We're noticing a trend here. #GoldschmidtHappens https://t.co/2EdjsVMBVp, 4 hours ago
- Massive opposite field home runs >>> https://t.co/5GzSJuivrc, 4 hours ago
FanGraphs Stats Glossary
Nick Piecoro Author Page
Cot's Baseball Contracts
BP Base Running Stats
Previously on The Pool Shot, the guys explained some of their favorite advanced stats. Hitting, including wRC+, HHAV and batted ball; pitching (38:00), including FIP, xFIP and SIERA; and baserunning and defense, including UBR, UZR and DRS (58:00).