My goodness, there are a ton of relief arms in camp this spring. I know, I know. This isn’t exactly unheard of as relievers, especially those not slated for late inning duty, are probably the most fungible assets in the game. They’re also the most volatile. With performances fluctuating wildly and sample sizes small, evaluating relievers is difficult in the …Continue Reading →
How do you know if something is broken? Usually, you give something a go and don’t get the desired effect. Maybe you try again and still get an error. Other times, after a second try, everything works just fine. There always little blips on the radar of life. I mean, we all have to cycle our routers once in a …Continue Reading →
Some seasons are forgettable, but the 2016 Diamondbacks season was simply disappointing beyond measure. There’s no use dwelling on it any further and if you’re anything like me, you’ve already shifted your attention to the future. Renewed optimism is in order after the hiring of GM Mike Hazen, and we even took the liberty to offer up some ideas …Continue Reading →
The Arizona Fall League is upon us once again, which is sort of hard to believe, but I guess time flies when you’re losing a bunch of games. In case you’re not privy, the Arizona Fall League is the premier prospect league of the minor league season and it takes place in the Phoenix metro area in October and November. …Continue Reading →
On a Thursday we took a look at the top prospects and performers for the DSL D-backs and AZL D-backs. Continuing that trend, we’ll dive into part two of the four part series, this time evaluating the Missoula Osprey and Hillsboro Hops where things look much, much better. Let’s get started.
Missoula Osprey (Pioneer League)
- 42-33 – 1st (out
- Sequencing Matters: Which D-backs Pitches are Fooling Hitters?
- Which D-backs Pitches Work Well Together?
- Taijuan Walker’s Hot Spring Has a New Look
- Zack Greinke’s Velocity is Trending in a Predictable Direction, Sadly
- Statcast and a New Era for Evaluation
- 2017 Spring Preview: A Wide Open Bullpen
- How the Diamondbacks Landed in Baseball’s Toughest Situation and Don’t Have a Clear Way Out
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @nickpiecoro: Morning at Salt River Fields https://t.co/N7J4v8kgX6, Feb 20
- RT @jcrasnick: How is former #Rangers 1B Prince Fielder dealing with retirement? He's hosting a cooking show. https://t.co/LaNJTrvmHP, Feb 10
- #AmericasFirstBaseman https://t.co/apnoVp5gzG, Jan 04
- But, he'd probably rather make $119M/4 years with LAA than not play in MLB ever again. https://t.co/xT9Ijajown, Jan 04
- RT @mlbtrdbacks: Royals Acquire Peter O’Brien From Diamondbacks https://t.co/BrvTYesPxG #dbacks #mlb, Jan 03
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @KyleAMadson: No way these actions are Ian Kinsler approved. https://t.co/2P4DOPZaKp, 5 hours ago
- RT @djshort: Nolan Arenado bunting. I have found the saddest sentence., 7 hours ago
- I just earned the 'Wheel of Styles (Level 11)' badge on @untappd! https://t.co/xIVq5jvJtT, 7 hours ago
- I just earned the 'Pale as the Moon (Level 13)' badge on @untappd! https://t.co/DVey2EHSJh, 8 hours ago
- Crisp, clean, balanced, solid - Drinking a Cold Icy Mountain by @commonsbrewery at @commonsbrewery — https://t.co/T7ziuG2Wvu, 8 hours ago
FanGraphs Stats Glossary
Nick Piecoro Author Page
Cot's Baseball Contracts
BP Base Running Stats
Previously on The Pool Shot, the guys explained some of their favorite advanced stats. Hitting, including wRC+, HHAV and batted ball; pitching (38:00), including FIP, xFIP and SIERA; and baserunning and defense, including UBR, UZR and DRS (58:00).