Earlier this week, I released the first installment in this series, with prospects #21-31. There was plenty of intrigue there and that trend is going to continue today. While this is a tough group to rate with so little separating a ton of players, we’ll start seeing more upside in this installment, with a bit more impact potential on …Continue Reading →
So, way back when, we published a little thing called the Diamondbacks Top 30 Prospect list. That seems like a long time ago now. So much has changed. With prospects, things are always changing and it’s occasionally difficult to not get caught up in a particularly bad or good half of a season. That makes the midseason list even …Continue Reading →
- Sequencing Matters: Which D-backs Pitches are Fooling Hitters?
- Which D-backs Pitches Work Well Together?
- Taijuan Walker’s Hot Spring Has a New Look
- Zack Greinke’s Velocity is Trending in a Predictable Direction, Sadly
- Statcast and a New Era for Evaluation
- 2017 Spring Preview: A Wide Open Bullpen
- How the Diamondbacks Landed in Baseball’s Toughest Situation and Don’t Have a Clear Way Out
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: Jake Lamb homers, @Mike_Ferrin calls it, Brandon Drury scores, and @ryanpmorrison and I weep together in a moment of pure bliss., 7 hours ago
- RT @nickpiecoro: Morning at Salt River Fields https://t.co/N7J4v8kgX6, Feb 20
- RT @jcrasnick: How is former #Rangers 1B Prince Fielder dealing with retirement? He's hosting a cooking show. https://t.co/LaNJTrvmHP, Feb 10
- #AmericasFirstBaseman https://t.co/apnoVp5gzG, Jan 04
- But, he'd probably rather make $119M/4 years with LAA than not play in MLB ever again. https://t.co/xT9Ijajown, Jan 04
FanGraphs Stats Glossary
Nick Piecoro Author Page
Cot's Baseball Contracts
BP Base Running Stats
Previously on The Pool Shot, the guys explained some of their favorite advanced stats. Hitting, including wRC+, HHAV and batted ball; pitching (38:00), including FIP, xFIP and SIERA; and baserunning and defense, including UBR, UZR and DRS (58:00).