Sometimes, it’s not hard to know what GM Kevin Towers is thinking. In the most recent offseason, the team was very public about its desires to add a power-hitting outfielder and a front-line starter. In the offseason before that, it was the desire to trade a power-hitting outfielder.
Whether stating your priorities to the world helps potential trade partners come …Continue Reading →
At ESPN, Dan Szymborski officially kicked off the trade speculation season with a piece on possible fits for David Price, setting the blogosphere aflame with responses to each package floated by Dan.
I pretty much agree with everything that AZ Snake Pit’s Jim McLennan wrote, so feel free to go check that out now, if you haven’t already …Continue Reading →
At the trade deadline this season, Jason Kubel was on fans’ “please trade” list, along with Ian Kennedy. Kennedy was sent to San Diego for relief help, but Kubel remains on the roster and in the team’s five-way OF logjam. So should Kubel still get moved?
Of course, the presence of the other four outfielders on the active roster …Continue Reading →
Now that three years have passed since Arizona traded Dan Haren to the Angels, it’s a good time for a collaboration with Halos Daily on how the trade has panned out. Check out their post on the Angels’ end of the trade.
Dan Haren has been involved in two of the four or five most significant trades in the history …Continue Reading →
I’ve indulged in an inordinate amount of wishful thinking during this trade deadline season, but more than 24 hours left to spare, I’m going to keep at it. I continue to think that SS/2B Chris Owings, in particular, fits another team better than the Diamondbacks because the team is set at SS and 2B for the foreseeable future (Didi Gregorius …Continue Reading →
As of this writing, July 29 has already seen two trades of relievers — Angels LHP Scott Downs to Atlanta, and Astros RHP Jose Veras to Detroit. Despite his current status on the disabled list, White Sox RHP Jesse Crain is also rumored to be on the move, to either Tampa Bay or “another club.” It has also been …Continue Reading →
Arizona’s main need right now is in the bullpen. Before Sunday’s game, GM Kevin Towers reiterated that adding another LHP to Tony Sipp was front office’s main priority right now. Given the continued recent struggles of David Hernandez (0.2 IP, 2 H, 2 BB, 3 runs, 2 of them earned), perhaps the search should include some RHP targets as …Continue Reading →
Like many teams, Arizona is monitoring the market for potential upgrades via trade. Given the recent performance of the rotation and the imminent return of Trevor Cahill and Brandon McCarthy, the Dbacks really do not have a need for a starting pitcher. There are very few starters available who might represent an upgrade anyway. Likewise, the Dbacks do not …Continue Reading →
Powered by: Web Designers
- Congrats to @OutfieldGrass24 on a beautiful life, wedding and wife. He deserves all of it (they both do). And I cou… https://t.co/JzJtQ7TgdJ, Jul 23
- Best part of Peralta’s 108 mph fliner over the fence, IMHO: that he got that much leverage despite scooping it out… https://t.co/ivBrl76adF, Apr 08
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: If you're bored of watching Patrick Corbin get dudes out, you can check out my latest for @TheAthleticAZ. https://t.co/k1DymgY7zO, Apr 04
- Of course, they may have overtaken the league lead for outs on the bases just now, also... But in 2017, Arizona ha… https://t.co/38MBrr2D4b, Apr 04
- Prior to the games today, there had only been 5 steals of 3rd this season (and no CS) in the National League. The… https://t.co/gVVL84vPQ5, Apr 04
Powered by: Web Designers
- #DbacksMinors https://t.co/0NVIv2gELv, 5 hours ago
- RT @mlbtraderumors: Diamondbacks Acquire Two Players From Blue Jays To Complete Joakim Soria Trade https://t.co/i6jbk1ib7W https://t.co/cQ3k1tcdy0, 9 hours ago
- This McKenzie hop is interesting, I like it. The berry notes really come through, but there’s enough bitterness to… https://t.co/VsLQ0HcmXX, 11 hours ago
- First fresh hop beer of the season tonight, not at all hype about it, 11 hours ago
- RT @ZHBuchanan: The Diamondbacks completed the Joakim Soria deal with the Blue Jays, acquiring left-handed pitcher Yaifer Perdomo a… https://t.co/G8VRXmhG8N, 12 hours ago