My goodness, there are a ton of relief arms in camp this spring. I know, I know. This isn’t exactly unheard of as relievers, especially those not slated for late inning duty, are probably the most fungible assets in the game. They’re also the most volatile. With performances fluctuating wildly and sample sizes small, evaluating relievers is difficult in the …Continue Reading →
This is a guest post from friend of the website and Japanese Baseball expert, Kazuto Yamazaki. He was nice enough to share his insights or Nakaushiro from his college and NPB (professional) career. You’ll find more information about the author at the bottom of the post. For now, enjoy the insights!
The Diamondbacks have made the rounds in the …Continue Reading →
- Diamondbacks 2018 Draft Thoughts
- Baseball Prospectus is Coming to Chase Field — Join Us!
- Ketel Marte Wins, Diamondbacks Win, Baseball Maybe Doesn’t
- New Ventures and Familiar Places
- How Big is the Souza/Martinez Gap with a Humidor Installed?
- Doubting Tomás: The Trouble with Finding Yasmany Playing Time
- D-backs Miss Martinez, Add Souza and Stay Flexible
Powered by: Web Designers
- Best part of Peralta’s 108 mph fliner over the fence, IMHO: that he got that much leverage despite scooping it out… https://t.co/ivBrl76adF, Apr 08
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: If you're bored of watching Patrick Corbin get dudes out, you can check out my latest for @TheAthleticAZ. https://t.co/k1DymgY7zO, Apr 04
- Of course, they may have overtaken the league lead for outs on the bases just now, also... But in 2017, Arizona ha… https://t.co/38MBrr2D4b, Apr 04
- Prior to the games today, there had only been 5 steals of 3rd this season (and no CS) in the National League. The… https://t.co/gVVL84vPQ5, Apr 04
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: Patrick Corbin has a WPA of .318 and it's only the fifth inning., Apr 04
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @baseballpro: June 30 is BPro Night in Arizona! ✅ Diamondbacks vs. Giants ✅ Q&A with Diamondbacks front office members ✅ Media p… https://t.co/8xhIsHnpFW, 7 hours ago
- RT @OJCarrascoTwo: (Federalist papers reference) I’m too tired to be clever, but you should read this by @OutfieldGrass24 (first Sec… https://t.co/YPe9Uksukm, 2 hours ago
- RT @TheAthleticSEA: Coming up tomorrow at 1 pm Pacific, our first subscriber-exclusive LIVE Q&A with @CoreyBrockMLB from Safeco Field.… https://t.co/FPNkZ6PsMm, 5 hours ago
- RT @SportsInfo_SIS: Most Defensive Runs Saved by Team Brewers 61 Diamondbacks 53 Cubs 45 Padres 32 Yankees 32 Astros 29 Marlins 29, 6 hours ago
- RT @vocaljavelins: I will be driving through the high desert for 6 hours to be with the crew for this. Clawing my way through the unin… https://t.co/zWHBc5seSC, 6 hours ago
FanGraphs Stats Glossary
Nick Piecoro Author Page
Cot's Baseball Contracts
BP Base Running Stats
Previously on The Pool Shot, the guys explained some of their favorite advanced stats. Hitting, including wRC+, HHAV and batted ball; pitching (38:00), including FIP, xFIP and SIERA; and baserunning and defense, including UBR, UZR and DRS (58:00).