A week after the .500 end to the Arizona season, the MLB Division Series are in full swing. Consequently, there isn’t too much to report on what’s been written on the D-backs in the last week.
We will still be publishing regularly in the offseason, although we may draw back a bit from 5 posts a week. Check out the recent four-part series on the roster, and keep an eye out as Jeff continues to publish posts on the seasons and top performers of the Arizona minor league affiliates.
Those of us rooting for an early exit for the Dodgers haven’t gotten their wish so far, as the Dodgers lead in their series over the Braves 2-1. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Red Sox drub the Dodgers into submission, if both teams win the World Series…
- Nick Piecoro had more on the D-backs’ broadcasted plans to pick up a power bat. To me, all of the “or it could be Matt Davidson” we have seen from Kevin Towers is just hedging, a fig leaf for negotiations. But I think Jeff is completely on point about Kevin Towers releasing all these plans, unless they’re a ploy…
- Dan Bickley had at least a few dozen words on how the Arizona franchise may have been overtaken by the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Steve Gilbert wrapped the after-season organizational meetings for the D-backs. Steve also wrote on what the 2014 roster may look like.
- At AZ Snake Pit, Jim McLennan posted on what went right this year, and what went wrong. Agree with practically everything here — I’ll just make the very minor point that it was less that Miguel Montero had a terrible year, and more that he had just an incredibly bad first two months. I’m betting on a bounce back, all the way.
- Jim also addressed Goldy’s MVP candidacy. Be sure also to check out what the D-backs published.
- Venom Strikes’ Matthew Hochberg worries about Matt Williams getting a job elsewhere.
- Ketel Marte Wins, Diamondbacks Win, Baseball Maybe Doesn’t
- New Ventures and Familiar Places
- How Big is the Souza/Martinez Gap with a Humidor Installed?
- Doubting Tomás: The Trouble with Finding Yasmany Playing Time
- D-backs Miss Martinez, Add Souza and Stay Flexible
- D-backs Prospects Through the Years (Part 2)
- D-Backs Prospects Through the Years (Part 1)
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: @ryanpmorrison https://t.co/dibanQ5aRf, Apr 07
- It finally happened! From the archives, why a humidor for Chase Field baseballs made tons of sense for 2017: https://t.co/HCgGsfNA3C, Apr 06
- It's been fun watching Real Baseball again, but I look forward to seeing the #Dbacks hitters on their Opening Day on Tuesday, Apr 02
- Re: #Dbacks broadcast comments abt value of keeping runner on second with a could-be passed ball, try EPAA and EPAA Runs, at @baseballpro, Apr 02
- #Dbacks responses needed, and I'm totes curious about the results. So get at it https://t.co/V1UxrZgtKX, Apr 02
Powered by: Web Designers
- Merry Christmas everybody, 23 mins ago
- It's Opening Day and the #Dbacks have made their choice in right field (again). Here's what they stand to gain from… https://t.co/xlaAepoNdi, 26 mins ago
- The tanking of Jeff's fantasy team is off to an early start this year. https://t.co/kCLDqtijG7, 15 hours ago
- RT @cdgoldstein: I wrote about how we approach our top ten list grades, guys who pose a problem to the framework, and why it might n… https://t.co/Wj6GEpR7pe, 18 hours ago
- This place just opened by my house and you can bet I’ll be a regular https://t.co/6UzJ1ZUDno, 19 hours ago
FanGraphs Stats Glossary
Nick Piecoro Author Page
Cot's Baseball Contracts
BP Base Running Stats
Previously on The Pool Shot, the guys explained some of their favorite advanced stats. Hitting, including wRC+, HHAV and batted ball; pitching (38:00), including FIP, xFIP and SIERA; and baserunning and defense, including UBR, UZR and DRS (58:00).