A week after the .500 end to the Arizona season, the MLB Division Series are in full swing. Consequently, there isn’t too much to report on what’s been written on the D-backs in the last week.
We will still be publishing regularly in the offseason, although we may draw back a bit from 5 posts a week. Check out the recent four-part series on the roster, and keep an eye out as Jeff continues to publish posts on the seasons and top performers of the Arizona minor league affiliates.
Those of us rooting for an early exit for the Dodgers haven’t gotten their wish so far, as the Dodgers lead in their series over the Braves 2-1. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Red Sox drub the Dodgers into submission, if both teams win the World Series…
- Nick Piecoro had more on the D-backs’ broadcasted plans to pick up a power bat. To me, all of the “or it could be Matt Davidson” we have seen from Kevin Towers is just hedging, a fig leaf for negotiations. But I think Jeff is completely on point about Kevin Towers releasing all these plans, unless they’re a ploy…
- Dan Bickley had at least a few dozen words on how the Arizona franchise may have been overtaken by the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Steve Gilbert wrapped the after-season organizational meetings for the D-backs. Steve also wrote on what the 2014 roster may look like.
- At AZ Snake Pit, Jim McLennan posted on what went right this year, and what went wrong. Agree with practically everything here — I’ll just make the very minor point that it was less that Miguel Montero had a terrible year, and more that he had just an incredibly bad first two months. I’m betting on a bounce back, all the way.
- Jim also addressed Goldy’s MVP candidacy. Be sure also to check out what the D-backs published.
- Venom Strikes’ Matthew Hochberg worries about Matt Williams getting a job elsewhere.
- Diamondbacks 2018 Draft Thoughts
- Baseball Prospectus is Coming to Chase Field — Join Us!
- Ketel Marte Wins, Diamondbacks Win, Baseball Maybe Doesn’t
- New Ventures and Familiar Places
- How Big is the Souza/Martinez Gap with a Humidor Installed?
- Doubting Tomás: The Trouble with Finding Yasmany Playing Time
- D-backs Miss Martinez, Add Souza and Stay Flexible
Powered by: Web Designers
- Best part of Peralta’s 108 mph fliner over the fence, IMHO: that he got that much leverage despite scooping it out… https://t.co/ivBrl76adF, Apr 08
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: If you're bored of watching Patrick Corbin get dudes out, you can check out my latest for @TheAthleticAZ. https://t.co/k1DymgY7zO, Apr 04
- Of course, they may have overtaken the league lead for outs on the bases just now, also... But in 2017, Arizona ha… https://t.co/38MBrr2D4b, Apr 04
- Prior to the games today, there had only been 5 steals of 3rd this season (and no CS) in the National League. The… https://t.co/gVVL84vPQ5, Apr 04
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: Patrick Corbin has a WPA of .318 and it's only the fifth inning., Apr 04
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @Aces: 🚨PCL PSA🚨 Don't hang Christian Walker curveballs. https://t.co/xsSl3K7t0T, 5 hours ago
- RT @ZHBuchanan: Paul Goldschmidt homered again, so I'll just post this once more: https://t.co/90bQWGOq7f, 6 hours ago
- It's been a long week, folks. https://t.co/z2yPxceZ9r, 11 hours ago
- RT @Dbacks: Get to know tonight's leadoff hitter. #GenerationDbacks https://t.co/lyGs2ixkaI, 12 hours ago
- RT @JesseNFriedman: I can confirm that Jeff Wiser (@OutfieldGrass24) is just as good a talker as he is a writer. We talked Jon Jay, the… https://t.co/Oi5mDd2D4b, 12 hours ago
FanGraphs Stats Glossary
Nick Piecoro Author Page
Cot's Baseball Contracts
BP Base Running Stats
Previously on The Pool Shot, the guys explained some of their favorite advanced stats. Hitting, including wRC+, HHAV and batted ball; pitching (38:00), including FIP, xFIP and SIERA; and baserunning and defense, including UBR, UZR and DRS (58:00).