A week after the .500 end to the Arizona season, the MLB Division Series are in full swing. Consequently, there isn’t too much to report on what’s been written on the D-backs in the last week.
We will still be publishing regularly in the offseason, although we may draw back a bit from 5 posts a week. Check out the recent four-part series on the roster, and keep an eye out as Jeff continues to publish posts on the seasons and top performers of the Arizona minor league affiliates.
Those of us rooting for an early exit for the Dodgers haven’t gotten their wish so far, as the Dodgers lead in their series over the Braves 2-1. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Red Sox drub the Dodgers into submission, if both teams win the World Series…
- Nick Piecoro had more on the D-backs’ broadcasted plans to pick up a power bat. To me, all of the “or it could be Matt Davidson” we have seen from Kevin Towers is just hedging, a fig leaf for negotiations. But I think Jeff is completely on point about Kevin Towers releasing all these plans, unless they’re a ploy…
- Dan Bickley had at least a few dozen words on how the Arizona franchise may have been overtaken by the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Steve Gilbert wrapped the after-season organizational meetings for the D-backs. Steve also wrote on what the 2014 roster may look like.
- At AZ Snake Pit, Jim McLennan posted on what went right this year, and what went wrong. Agree with practically everything here — I’ll just make the very minor point that it was less that Miguel Montero had a terrible year, and more that he had just an incredibly bad first two months. I’m betting on a bounce back, all the way.
- Jim also addressed Goldy’s MVP candidacy. Be sure also to check out what the D-backs published.
- Venom Strikes’ Matthew Hochberg worries about Matt Williams getting a job elsewhere.
- Top 10 D-backs Trade Assets
- Will the D-backs Address their Imbalance at the Plate?
- The D-backs’ Rotation has a Long Way to Go
- Roundup: Order Among Winter Meetings Chaos; Humidor the Key to the Offseason?
- Are the Diamondbacks Rebuilding, Retooling, or Doing Something Else?
- D-backs Place Enormous Bet on Themselves by Trading Wade Miley
- Montero is First D-backs Financial Casualty of Winter
Powered by: Web Designers
- Top 10 #Dbacks trade assets: http://t.co/cTRc5C2RlN You will definitely disagree with me. That's okay., 10 hours ago
- Good-bye, departing #Dbacks DLR. It's been Eureal., 12 hours ago
- Mariners in on a mystery hitter, Red Sox talking Allen Craig with a mystery team., 12 hours ago
- RT @BAnderson_30: Maybe the pilot was being comical because he knew this flight would be like a R.A. Dickey knuckleball....I hate him even more now., 12 hours ago
- Looks like the #Dbacks are out of the running for David Ross. Plenty of other marginal options, as we talked about on Ep 9 of @thepoolshot., 17 hours ago
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @sahadevsharma: I'm convinced that if Billy Beane was a blogger we'd all be like, "Dude, stop with the crazy talk.", 50 mins ago
- Basically the basketball version of why closers are stupid: https://t.co/RMBgOZoTfT, 1 hour ago
- RT @TylerDrenon: who wants to buy out my new site? http://t.co/XZs10LIe7W, 1 hour ago
- She's damn good. RT @colinokeefe: Reminder: @JaneMLB thought the A's might be moving toward a deal like this. https://t.co/u3r9pUPfca, 1 hour ago
- If it took this long to trade Matt Kemp, how long will it take to trade Andre Ethier?, 3 hours ago