A week after the .500 end to the Arizona season, the MLB Division Series are in full swing. Consequently, there isn’t too much to report on what’s been written on the D-backs in the last week.
We will still be publishing regularly in the offseason, although we may draw back a bit from 5 posts a week. Check out the recent four-part series on the roster, and keep an eye out as Jeff continues to publish posts on the seasons and top performers of the Arizona minor league affiliates.
Those of us rooting for an early exit for the Dodgers haven’t gotten their wish so far, as the Dodgers lead in their series over the Braves 2-1. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Red Sox drub the Dodgers into submission, if both teams win the World Series…
- Nick Piecoro had more on the D-backs’ broadcasted plans to pick up a power bat. To me, all of the “or it could be Matt Davidson” we have seen from Kevin Towers is just hedging, a fig leaf for negotiations. But I think Jeff is completely on point about Kevin Towers releasing all these plans, unless they’re a ploy…
- Dan Bickley had at least a few dozen words on how the Arizona franchise may have been overtaken by the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Steve Gilbert wrapped the after-season organizational meetings for the D-backs. Steve also wrote on what the 2014 roster may look like.
- At AZ Snake Pit, Jim McLennan posted on what went right this year, and what went wrong. Agree with practically everything here — I’ll just make the very minor point that it was less that Miguel Montero had a terrible year, and more that he had just an incredibly bad first two months. I’m betting on a bounce back, all the way.
- Jim also addressed Goldy’s MVP candidacy. Be sure also to check out what the D-backs published.
- Venom Strikes’ Matthew Hochberg worries about Matt Williams getting a job elsewhere.
The Pool ShotEpisode 27 of The Pool Shot: With help from Twitter questions, the guys talk big picture (@IvoryTiger), Reed's removal as closer, the new approach of Tomas, and, of course, what that means for Jake Lamb (@JoeCB91). They also get in a question on Josh Collmenter (@coldblueAZ) which may or may not involve him throwing sidearm. Subscribe on iTunes!
- Minor Report: Kane County Cougars
- The Bat Is Back for Chris Owings
- Taking Inventory of Yasmany Tomas and His Adjustments
- Roundup: Reed Out as Closer; Do the D-backs Have a Humidor?
- Aaron Hill Trade Prospects Given Recent Offensive Surge
- Does Shuffling the D-backs Lineup Matter?
- Diamondbacks Beginning to Show Their Draft Hand
Powered by: Web Designers
- 8 SBs in 2 games for #Dbacks. Next up: Jon Lester, who is ranked 2nd among 511 pitchers in BP's Stolen Base Attempts Above Average metric., 16 hours ago
- How great is it that the D-backs didn't trade A.J. Pollock with Tyler Skaggs to the Athletics for Yoenis Cespedes? #GoDbacks, 19 hours ago
- I like when a broadcast clues me in on the thing I'm likely to find most interesting, using my initials http://t.co/KMdOSb2O4G, 21 hours ago
Powered by: Web Designers
- The term "real American cheese" has always struck me as kind of odd., 18 hours ago
- RT @jgonzol16: Really weird road trip for #Dbacks Run distribution does what it wants to, 19 hours ago
- After getting swept by the Phillies in 3, the #Dbacks weep the Marlins in four. Unconventional way to go a game over .500, but I'll take it., 19 hours ago
- I love you Brad Ziegler., 19 hours ago
- LOL Marlins, 20 hours ago
FanGraphs Stats Glossary
Nick Piecoro Author Page
Cot's Baseball Contracts
BP Base Running Stats
Previously on The Pool Shot, the guys explained some of their favorite advanced stats. Hitting, including wRC+, HHAV and batted ball; pitching (38:00), including FIP, xFIP and SIERA; and baserunning and defense, including UBR, UZR and DRS (58:00).