A week after the .500 end to the Arizona season, the MLB Division Series are in full swing. Consequently, there isn’t too much to report on what’s been written on the D-backs in the last week.
We will still be publishing regularly in the offseason, although we may draw back a bit from 5 posts a week. Check out the recent four-part series on the roster, and keep an eye out as Jeff continues to publish posts on the seasons and top performers of the Arizona minor league affiliates.
Those of us rooting for an early exit for the Dodgers haven’t gotten their wish so far, as the Dodgers lead in their series over the Braves 2-1. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Red Sox drub the Dodgers into submission, if both teams win the World Series…
- Nick Piecoro had more on the D-backs’ broadcasted plans to pick up a power bat. To me, all of the “or it could be Matt Davidson” we have seen from Kevin Towers is just hedging, a fig leaf for negotiations. But I think Jeff is completely on point about Kevin Towers releasing all these plans, unless they’re a ploy…
- Dan Bickley had at least a few dozen words on how the Arizona franchise may have been overtaken by the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Steve Gilbert wrapped the after-season organizational meetings for the D-backs. Steve also wrote on what the 2014 roster may look like.
- At AZ Snake Pit, Jim McLennan posted on what went right this year, and what went wrong. Agree with practically everything here — I’ll just make the very minor point that it was less that Miguel Montero had a terrible year, and more that he had just an incredibly bad first two months. I’m betting on a bounce back, all the way.
- Jim also addressed Goldy’s MVP candidacy. Be sure also to check out what the D-backs published.
- Venom Strikes’ Matthew Hochberg worries about Matt Williams getting a job elsewhere.
- The Hardest of the Hard-Hit Baseballs of 2016
- The Wheel Turns: O’Brien Traded, De La Rosa to the Bullpen, Hopefully
- Making a Monster: How to Turn Chris Owings Into Paul Goldschmidt
- Raising the Bar for Relievers
- Fitting Outfield Pieces Together
- So, Who’s Heading to The Bullpen?
- Rule 5 Rewards, Upside MiLB Deals for the D-backs
Powered by: Web Designers
- #AmericasFirstBaseman https://t.co/apnoVp5gzG, Jan 04
- But, he'd probably rather make $119M/4 years with LAA than not play in MLB ever again. https://t.co/xT9Ijajown, Jan 04
- RT @mlbtrdbacks: Royals Acquire Peter O’Brien From Diamondbacks https://t.co/BrvTYesPxG #dbacks #mlb, Jan 03
- Despite RF being the harder Chase assignment, could make sense to play Tomas there over Peralta. Also: so many LHH. https://t.co/2SfH2W3s01, Dec 30
Powered by: Web Designers
- Impressive. Light, sparkles, plenty of hop character, still soda-like sipabilit... (Kactus Kooler) https://t.co/vOdWnlJ8zn, 8 hours ago
- I dig, hazy single-hop citra IPA - Drinking a Private Eyes by @claim52brewing @ Claim 52 Brewing — https://t.co/gbeg5QDGnP, 8 hours ago
- I just earned the 'Verified Adventure (Level 4)' badge on @untappd! https://t.co/NJAPHZ3Wkd, 8 hours ago
- Drinking a Mango Fluffy by @claim52brewing @ Claim 52 Brewing — https://t.co/nGGlQDLfak, 8 hours ago
- I just earned the 'Find the Source (Level 2)' badge on @untappd! https://t.co/Xd9nzf5GCR, 8 hours ago
FanGraphs Stats Glossary
Nick Piecoro Author Page
Cot's Baseball Contracts
BP Base Running Stats
Previously on The Pool Shot, the guys explained some of their favorite advanced stats. Hitting, including wRC+, HHAV and batted ball; pitching (38:00), including FIP, xFIP and SIERA; and baserunning and defense, including UBR, UZR and DRS (58:00).