A week after the .500 end to the Arizona season, the MLB Division Series are in full swing. Consequently, there isn’t too much to report on what’s been written on the D-backs in the last week.
We will still be publishing regularly in the offseason, although we may draw back a bit from 5 posts a week. Check out the recent four-part series on the roster, and keep an eye out as Jeff continues to publish posts on the seasons and top performers of the Arizona minor league affiliates.
Those of us rooting for an early exit for the Dodgers haven’t gotten their wish so far, as the Dodgers lead in their series over the Braves 2-1. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Red Sox drub the Dodgers into submission, if both teams win the World Series…
- Nick Piecoro had more on the D-backs’ broadcasted plans to pick up a power bat. To me, all of the “or it could be Matt Davidson” we have seen from Kevin Towers is just hedging, a fig leaf for negotiations. But I think Jeff is completely on point about Kevin Towers releasing all these plans, unless they’re a ploy…
- Dan Bickley had at least a few dozen words on how the Arizona franchise may have been overtaken by the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Steve Gilbert wrapped the after-season organizational meetings for the D-backs. Steve also wrote on what the 2014 roster may look like.
- At AZ Snake Pit, Jim McLennan posted on what went right this year, and what went wrong. Agree with practically everything here — I’ll just make the very minor point that it was less that Miguel Montero had a terrible year, and more that he had just an incredibly bad first two months. I’m betting on a bounce back, all the way.
- Jim also addressed Goldy’s MVP candidacy. Be sure also to check out what the D-backs published.
- Venom Strikes’ Matthew Hochberg worries about Matt Williams getting a job elsewhere.
The Pool ShotEpisode 2 of The Pool Shot: Chip Hale, shifting, optimal roster alignments for position players, and non-tender candidates.
- Roundup: Chip Hale’s Coaching Staff; NL West Changes
- Top Prospects Blair, Shipley and Drury Power Rawhide Success
- Position Players Gone Wrong: 2014 ZiPS Projections Versus Reality
- Should the D-backs Non-Tender David Hernandez?
- Roundup: Chip Hale Hired as Manager
- The Case for Ender Inciarte as Rookie of the Year
- Tuffy Gosewisch in Context: The Best Backup Catcher Option for 2015
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @thepoolshot: Episode 2 of #ThePoolShot has the guys talking Chip Hale, shifts, and the position player half of the roster: http://t.co/0s35nPKzWf #Dbacks, 11 hours ago
- Over the weekend, @OutfieldGrass24 and I recorded Ep 2 of The Pool Shot. Hale and roster alignment stuff. Check it! http://t.co/Hc5pRx9qGt, 13 hours ago
- Roundup is up: the #Dbacks coaching staff, changes in the NL West, and links from around the web: http://t.co/SVjag8waLu, 13 hours ago
- Is it just me, or does Henry Blanco look like the oldest guy on the D-backs staff? http://t.co/aWyOPbEwSJ, 13 hours ago
- Talking Chip Hale, shifts, and optimal #Dbacks roster alignment with @OutfieldGrass24 on Ep 2 of The Pool Shot: http://t.co/Hc5pRx9qGt, Oct 18
Fans Scouting ReportTom Tango does the rest of the analytics community a favor, by compiling fans' scouting reports for fielding. Do us a favor! Please consider grading D-backs fielders at Tango's site.