A week after the .500 end to the Arizona season, the MLB Division Series are in full swing. Consequently, there isn’t too much to report on what’s been written on the D-backs in the last week.
We will still be publishing regularly in the offseason, although we may draw back a bit from 5 posts a week. Check out the recent four-part series on the roster, and keep an eye out as Jeff continues to publish posts on the seasons and top performers of the Arizona minor league affiliates.
Those of us rooting for an early exit for the Dodgers haven’t gotten their wish so far, as the Dodgers lead in their series over the Braves 2-1. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Red Sox drub the Dodgers into submission, if both teams win the World Series…
- Nick Piecoro had more on the D-backs’ broadcasted plans to pick up a power bat. To me, all of the “or it could be Matt Davidson” we have seen from Kevin Towers is just hedging, a fig leaf for negotiations. But I think Jeff is completely on point about Kevin Towers releasing all these plans, unless they’re a ploy…
- Dan Bickley had at least a few dozen words on how the Arizona franchise may have been overtaken by the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Steve Gilbert wrapped the after-season organizational meetings for the D-backs. Steve also wrote on what the 2014 roster may look like.
- At AZ Snake Pit, Jim McLennan posted on what went right this year, and what went wrong. Agree with practically everything here — I’ll just make the very minor point that it was less that Miguel Montero had a terrible year, and more that he had just an incredibly bad first two months. I’m betting on a bounce back, all the way.
- Jim also addressed Goldy’s MVP candidacy. Be sure also to check out what the D-backs published.
- Venom Strikes’ Matthew Hochberg worries about Matt Williams getting a job elsewhere.
- Prospect Season is Upon Us Once More
- New GM Mike Hazen Raises Hopes and Expectations
- How Much Money Do the D-backs Have To Spend This Winter?
- Bringing Back Daniel Hudson Has Its Risks
- The D-backs Rotation, Playoff Rotations, and Depth
- Front Office Turnover: Hyper-Traditional Tools Fail in Extra-Traditional Conditions
- Jean Segura’s Full-Scale Breakout is Complete with 200 Hits
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @joshrawitch: Internships have posted in our department & several others. Will only be open for a couple weeks so spread the word https://t.co/N0s7OU30JC, Oct 07
- And to think, Trevor Bauer was almost the next Derek Jeter, Oct 07
- RT @dshemie8: Oh man, this call from the French broadcast on Upton's home run is so amazing.(Yes, he calls Shin-Soo Choo "Choo Ch… https://t.co/6cWeN9cLgB, Oct 06
- RT @Dbacks: Congrats to @JakeLamb18, the #Dbacks nominee for the 2016 Hank Aaron Award! RT to #VoteLamb:… https://t.co/bzETF67AQa, Oct 06
- RT @emmabaccellieri: Wrote a little about the philosophy of what we talk about when we talk about positions. https://t.co/81EZaRu4WY, Oct 06
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @JakeFG: I DO SUICIDES ON THE PRIVATE JET //YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEAN // I'M FLY TO DEATH #debatenight https://t.co/fSAO6OLwyH, 12 hours ago
- I see Brad Ziegler has taken over this account for the day. https://t.co/2qcjaphu2k, 17 hours ago
- I think this is a haiku https://t.co/2Kec6y3NeY, 17 hours ago
- He's only half as bad in the outfield as Yasmany Tomas. https://t.co/tAuM1uK9pb, 17 hours ago
- RT @SouvenirCity: Jose Bautista is going to make a great Diamondback., 17 hours ago
FanGraphs Stats Glossary
Nick Piecoro Author Page
Cot's Baseball Contracts
BP Base Running Stats
Previously on The Pool Shot, the guys explained some of their favorite advanced stats. Hitting, including wRC+, HHAV and batted ball; pitching (38:00), including FIP, xFIP and SIERA; and baserunning and defense, including UBR, UZR and DRS (58:00).