A week after the .500 end to the Arizona season, the MLB Division Series are in full swing. Consequently, there isn’t too much to report on what’s been written on the D-backs in the last week.
We will still be publishing regularly in the offseason, although we may draw back a bit from 5 posts a week. Check out the recent four-part series on the roster, and keep an eye out as Jeff continues to publish posts on the seasons and top performers of the Arizona minor league affiliates.
Those of us rooting for an early exit for the Dodgers haven’t gotten their wish so far, as the Dodgers lead in their series over the Braves 2-1. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Red Sox drub the Dodgers into submission, if both teams win the World Series…
- Nick Piecoro had more on the D-backs’ broadcasted plans to pick up a power bat. To me, all of the “or it could be Matt Davidson” we have seen from Kevin Towers is just hedging, a fig leaf for negotiations. But I think Jeff is completely on point about Kevin Towers releasing all these plans, unless they’re a ploy…
- Dan Bickley had at least a few dozen words on how the Arizona franchise may have been overtaken by the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Steve Gilbert wrapped the after-season organizational meetings for the D-backs. Steve also wrote on what the 2014 roster may look like.
- At AZ Snake Pit, Jim McLennan posted on what went right this year, and what went wrong. Agree with practically everything here — I’ll just make the very minor point that it was less that Miguel Montero had a terrible year, and more that he had just an incredibly bad first two months. I’m betting on a bounce back, all the way.
- Jim also addressed Goldy’s MVP candidacy. Be sure also to check out what the D-backs published.
- Venom Strikes’ Matthew Hochberg worries about Matt Williams getting a job elsewhere.
- Blast From the Past: Did the D-backs Trade the Right Guys?
- Better Late Than Never: Brandon Drury is the Best Hitter in Baseball Right Now
- Some Weird Things About Jake Lamb’s 2016 Campaign
- Chris Owings is Useful Again
- Are Hits Up the Middle Hurting the Diamondbacks?
- Get to Know Your AFL Diamondbacks Prospects
- D-backs Turn Michael Bourn Into Something
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @espn_sweet_spot: What we learned Monday: Indians look to claim American League prize https://t.co/JeNAcCZGtZ, Aug 30
- RT @JimEllis12: @InsidetheZona If Haniger's exit velocity is anything like Ryan's descriptive hyphen-velocity, he'll be in good shape., Aug 29
- Mitch Haniger's track record is a bit Lamb-like, if less pronounced. And so far, so good. https://t.co/DxnMELRzxt https://t.co/i8gdqUoHc8, Aug 29
- RT @nickpiecoro: Dbacks' Jake Lamb learned something valuable from Statcast data, as SI's @albertcchen writes. https://t.co/xmdQliaQI7, Aug 27
- A.J. Pollock's stance (and physique) looking sturdier, but without the wide base, those swings outside weren't going to do a whole lot, no?, Aug 27
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @InsidetheZona: New at Inside the 'Zona: Blast From the Past: Did the D-backs Trade the Right Guys? https://t.co/Tfjgtpkyhj, 7 hours ago
- RT @MLBStatoftheDay: King Felix owns a 2.65 career ERA in 96 no-decisions – the lowest of any of the 245 pitchers with 75+ career no-dec… https://t.co/k0Ka9m0SjC, 8 hours ago
- In which we review #Dbacks trades of the past and evaluate the players they decided to trade. They've done better t… https://t.co/mPgmQFgOQh, 7 hours ago
- Awwwww https://t.co/wJ1WnpJgwu, 19 hours ago
- Now if we can just get vine of Jesus Sucre saying "this is my house!" all will be good in the universe., Sep 21
FanGraphs Stats Glossary
Nick Piecoro Author Page
Cot's Baseball Contracts
BP Base Running Stats
Previously on The Pool Shot, the guys explained some of their favorite advanced stats. Hitting, including wRC+, HHAV and batted ball; pitching (38:00), including FIP, xFIP and SIERA; and baserunning and defense, including UBR, UZR and DRS (58:00).