A week after the .500 end to the Arizona season, the MLB Division Series are in full swing. Consequently, there isn’t too much to report on what’s been written on the D-backs in the last week.
We will still be publishing regularly in the offseason, although we may draw back a bit from 5 posts a week. Check out the recent four-part series on the roster, and keep an eye out as Jeff continues to publish posts on the seasons and top performers of the Arizona minor league affiliates.
Those of us rooting for an early exit for the Dodgers haven’t gotten their wish so far, as the Dodgers lead in their series over the Braves 2-1. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Red Sox drub the Dodgers into submission, if both teams win the World Series…
- Nick Piecoro had more on the D-backs’ broadcasted plans to pick up a power bat. To me, all of the “or it could be Matt Davidson” we have seen from Kevin Towers is just hedging, a fig leaf for negotiations. But I think Jeff is completely on point about Kevin Towers releasing all these plans, unless they’re a ploy…
- Dan Bickley had at least a few dozen words on how the Arizona franchise may have been overtaken by the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Steve Gilbert wrapped the after-season organizational meetings for the D-backs. Steve also wrote on what the 2014 roster may look like.
- At AZ Snake Pit, Jim McLennan posted on what went right this year, and what went wrong. Agree with practically everything here — I’ll just make the very minor point that it was less that Miguel Montero had a terrible year, and more that he had just an incredibly bad first two months. I’m betting on a bounce back, all the way.
- Jim also addressed Goldy’s MVP candidacy. Be sure also to check out what the D-backs published.
- Venom Strikes’ Matthew Hochberg worries about Matt Williams getting a job elsewhere.
- Explaining Mark Trumbo’s Power Outage
- Expanded Roster Call Up Options
- Bradley and Drury Headline D-backs in the Arizona Fall League
- La Russa Speaks, D-backs Must Adjust
- Roundup: Aaron Hill to Third, Jake Lamb to Somewhere
- How Much of Vidal Nuno’s Performance is Real, and How Much is Luck?
- A Mark Trumbo Platoon or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Ender’s Game
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @ScottLindholm: #Cubs ICYMI (and really, what WAS your excuse anyway?) what I wrote about Jorge Soler yesterday http://t.co/tRx6lhahZb, 6 hours ago
- RT @azjazzyj: This game is like my prom. I didn't score either. #GoDbacks, 6 hours ago
- What if Jesus Montero is a genius, and this was his way of convincing baseball Twitter that ice cream is a sandwich w/o us noticing?, 7 hours ago
- Also re: the Trumbo power post, many thanks to @ESPNStatsInfo for the spray charts and hard hit data., 17 hours ago
- What has caused Trumbo's power outage (1HR, 161PA) since his return? http://t.co/1r3lI4dyvZ Thanks to @TClippardsSpecs for injury analysis!, 17 hours ago