A week after the .500 end to the Arizona season, the MLB Division Series are in full swing. Consequently, there isn’t too much to report on what’s been written on the D-backs in the last week.
We will still be publishing regularly in the offseason, although we may draw back a bit from 5 posts a week. Check out the recent four-part series on the roster, and keep an eye out as Jeff continues to publish posts on the seasons and top performers of the Arizona minor league affiliates.
Those of us rooting for an early exit for the Dodgers haven’t gotten their wish so far, as the Dodgers lead in their series over the Braves 2-1. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Red Sox drub the Dodgers into submission, if both teams win the World Series…
- Nick Piecoro had more on the D-backs’ broadcasted plans to pick up a power bat. To me, all of the “or it could be Matt Davidson” we have seen from Kevin Towers is just hedging, a fig leaf for negotiations. But I think Jeff is completely on point about Kevin Towers releasing all these plans, unless they’re a ploy…
- Dan Bickley had at least a few dozen words on how the Arizona franchise may have been overtaken by the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Steve Gilbert wrapped the after-season organizational meetings for the D-backs. Steve also wrote on what the 2014 roster may look like.
- At AZ Snake Pit, Jim McLennan posted on what went right this year, and what went wrong. Agree with practically everything here — I’ll just make the very minor point that it was less that Miguel Montero had a terrible year, and more that he had just an incredibly bad first two months. I’m betting on a bounce back, all the way.
- Jim also addressed Goldy’s MVP candidacy. Be sure also to check out what the D-backs published.
- Venom Strikes’ Matthew Hochberg worries about Matt Williams getting a job elsewhere.
Powered by: Web Designers
- Thanks to @MLBFanSupport and @MLBTV for clearing up my blackout issue. And McCarthy for keeping the #Dbacks in the game in the meantime., 1 hour ago
- Hey @MLBTV -- I'm in downtown Boston, blacked out of the Mets/Dbacks game (SNY). Is it now MLB's position that Boston w/in Mets territory?, 2 hours ago
- Entirely possible I went in a little too deep for this post on the #Dbacks 'pen lefties. http://t.co/fG1gr5nmPv, 3 hours ago
- RT @darenw: The #DBacks lead the league in taking the first pitch by a pretty large margin. 450 times. #BlueJays 2nd with 429 http://t.co/iG5P48sFuL, 5 hours ago
- Follow Inside the 'Zona on Facebook. Because internet.