A week after the .500 end to the Arizona season, the MLB Division Series are in full swing. Consequently, there isn’t too much to report on what’s been written on the D-backs in the last week.
We will still be publishing regularly in the offseason, although we may draw back a bit from 5 posts a week. Check out the recent four-part series on the roster, and keep an eye out as Jeff continues to publish posts on the seasons and top performers of the Arizona minor league affiliates.
Those of us rooting for an early exit for the Dodgers haven’t gotten their wish so far, as the Dodgers lead in their series over the Braves 2-1. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Red Sox drub the Dodgers into submission, if both teams win the World Series…
- Nick Piecoro had more on the D-backs’ broadcasted plans to pick up a power bat. To me, all of the “or it could be Matt Davidson” we have seen from Kevin Towers is just hedging, a fig leaf for negotiations. But I think Jeff is completely on point about Kevin Towers releasing all these plans, unless they’re a ploy…
- Dan Bickley had at least a few dozen words on how the Arizona franchise may have been overtaken by the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Steve Gilbert wrapped the after-season organizational meetings for the D-backs. Steve also wrote on what the 2014 roster may look like.
- At AZ Snake Pit, Jim McLennan posted on what went right this year, and what went wrong. Agree with practically everything here — I’ll just make the very minor point that it was less that Miguel Montero had a terrible year, and more that he had just an incredibly bad first two months. I’m betting on a bounce back, all the way.
- Jim also addressed Goldy’s MVP candidacy. Be sure also to check out what the D-backs published.
- Venom Strikes’ Matthew Hochberg worries about Matt Williams getting a job elsewhere.
- Chase Anderson Should Try Throwing Changeup a Lot More, Breaking Sequencing Patterns
- Minor League Update: DSL Check-in
- Who’s Steering This Ship?
- Roundup: Brett Jackson Trade; Lessons from Saber Seminar
- Don’t Share Trade Secrets
- D-backs Could Explore Waiver Trade of Resurgent Trevor Cahill
- Minor League Update: Williams Promoted, Trahan Catching and Redefining O’Brien
Powered by: Web Designers
- Ah, late August. The time of year when "Pennington for your thoughts" is a legitimate trade offer., 17 hours ago
- Among 167 SPs with 50+ IP this season, Trevor Cahill is tied for second-lowest Zone% (36.8%)., 19 hours ago
- Really, given McCarthy's success with New York, I have no idea why teams aren't tripping over themselves trying to trade for Cahill., 20 hours ago
- RT @pizzacutter4: I command you to read: @BSLJeffLong on whether reliever velocity and success are connected. #GoryMath http://t.co/BrzjcOzuLO, 24 hours ago
- Adam Ottavino: BAMF http://t.co/O4GJEV40hC, 23 hours ago