A week after the .500 end to the Arizona season, the MLB Division Series are in full swing. Consequently, there isn’t too much to report on what’s been written on the D-backs in the last week.
We will still be publishing regularly in the offseason, although we may draw back a bit from 5 posts a week. Check out the recent four-part series on the roster, and keep an eye out as Jeff continues to publish posts on the seasons and top performers of the Arizona minor league affiliates.
Those of us rooting for an early exit for the Dodgers haven’t gotten their wish so far, as the Dodgers lead in their series over the Braves 2-1. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Red Sox drub the Dodgers into submission, if both teams win the World Series…
- Nick Piecoro had more on the D-backs’ broadcasted plans to pick up a power bat. To me, all of the “or it could be Matt Davidson” we have seen from Kevin Towers is just hedging, a fig leaf for negotiations. But I think Jeff is completely on point about Kevin Towers releasing all these plans, unless they’re a ploy…
- Dan Bickley had at least a few dozen words on how the Arizona franchise may have been overtaken by the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Steve Gilbert wrapped the after-season organizational meetings for the D-backs. Steve also wrote on what the 2014 roster may look like.
- At AZ Snake Pit, Jim McLennan posted on what went right this year, and what went wrong. Agree with practically everything here — I’ll just make the very minor point that it was less that Miguel Montero had a terrible year, and more that he had just an incredibly bad first two months. I’m betting on a bounce back, all the way.
- Jim also addressed Goldy’s MVP candidacy. Be sure also to check out what the D-backs published.
- Venom Strikes’ Matthew Hochberg worries about Matt Williams getting a job elsewhere.
- Why Pulling Bradley for Perez Was Just So Wrong
- Roundup: #FreeJakeLamb; Yasmany Tomas Role; Gerald Laird Has Surgery
- Daniel Hudson’s Devastating New Approach
- With Callup, Outlooks for Yasmany Tomas and Outfield Playing Time More Obscured
- Reno Aces (AAA) 2015 Preview
- Mobile BayBears (AA) 2015 Preview
- Visalia Rawhide (A+) 2015 Preview
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @Aces: Really, we're going to have to look into protecting these billboards. Peter O'Brien just blasted another one with his 4th HR. 6-2, Aces!, 11 hours ago
- I guess Trevor Bauer just didn't have #TWTW tonight., 11 hours ago
- Jake Lamb has faced the toughest competition (oppOPS .648), and has the highest OPS (1.204) #FreeJakeLamb https://t.co/UmdCYCNU0i, 16 hours ago
- Of the 10 #Dbacks hitters with 30 PA, Aaron Hill has faced the easiest competition per BP's oppOPS (.741). He has the 2nd-worst OPS (.445)., 16 hours ago
- RT @msimonespn: Teams on pace to double/nearly double shift usage from 2014 to 2015 Rays Rockies(x7) Dodgers Cubs Diamondbacks Reds Tigers Marlins, 21 hours ago
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @InsidetheZona: New at Inside the 'Zona: Why Pulling Bradley for Perez Was Just So Wrong http://t.co/6bVOq3g1tC, 3 hours ago
- Former #Dback Will Harris strikes out Jackson, Ackley and Cano. Still wish they'd kept him., 10 hours ago
- Ain't no twitter like Cubs twitter., 10 hours ago
FanGraphs Stats Glossary
Nick Piecoro Author Page
Cot's Baseball Contracts
BP Base Running Stats
Previously on The Pool Shot, the guys explained some of their favorite advanced stats. Hitting, including wRC+, HHAV and batted ball; pitching (38:00), including FIP, xFIP and SIERA; and baserunning and defense, including UBR, UZR and DRS (58:00).