A week after the .500 end to the Arizona season, the MLB Division Series are in full swing. Consequently, there isn’t too much to report on what’s been written on the D-backs in the last week.
We will still be publishing regularly in the offseason, although we may draw back a bit from 5 posts a week. Check out the recent four-part series on the roster, and keep an eye out as Jeff continues to publish posts on the seasons and top performers of the Arizona minor league affiliates.
Those of us rooting for an early exit for the Dodgers haven’t gotten their wish so far, as the Dodgers lead in their series over the Braves 2-1. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Red Sox drub the Dodgers into submission, if both teams win the World Series…
- Nick Piecoro had more on the D-backs’ broadcasted plans to pick up a power bat. To me, all of the “or it could be Matt Davidson” we have seen from Kevin Towers is just hedging, a fig leaf for negotiations. But I think Jeff is completely on point about Kevin Towers releasing all these plans, unless they’re a ploy…
- Dan Bickley had at least a few dozen words on how the Arizona franchise may have been overtaken by the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Steve Gilbert wrapped the after-season organizational meetings for the D-backs. Steve also wrote on what the 2014 roster may look like.
- At AZ Snake Pit, Jim McLennan posted on what went right this year, and what went wrong. Agree with practically everything here — I’ll just make the very minor point that it was less that Miguel Montero had a terrible year, and more that he had just an incredibly bad first two months. I’m betting on a bounce back, all the way.
- Jim also addressed Goldy’s MVP candidacy. Be sure also to check out what the D-backs published.
- Venom Strikes’ Matthew Hochberg worries about Matt Williams getting a job elsewhere.
- Unraveling the Mystery of Jeremy Hellickson
- A Grand D-backs Experiment, Pt. II
- Pitching Inside
- A Grand D-backs Experiment, Pt. I
- Roundup: Rules Against Shifts Could Hurt the D-backs
- Arbitration Strategy: D-backs Should Settle with Trumbo, Must Take Reed to Trial
- Projection Peek: D-backs Pitchers in 2015
Powered by: Web Designers
- If we didn't already know what the Athletics on steroids were like, I would say Google is the Athletics on steroids, 22 hours ago
- Loved this. Tzatziki probably with the hummus at your grocery store. https://t.co/Ky7DApTbMy @SandwichWingman, 23 hours ago
- Omar Minaya a great MLBPA hire to help get MLB under heel. He's already killed one franchise..., Jan 29
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: A Grand #Dbacks Experiment is about to commence: http://t.co/aT0dWBc2wy, Jan 27
- Maybe we should have known this was coming? #Juno #Blizzardof2015 #Snowmageddon2015 http://t.co/foWVGi8aAw, Jan 26
Powered by: Web Designers
- Probably my fav comment we've ever gotten at Inside the 'Zona! "i don't have an editor so this is all over the place" http://t.co/IKiIzmstoA, 13 mins ago
- RT @MJ_Baumann: I wonder if East Carolina fans stay up nights kicking themselves that Mike Trout went pro., 3 hours ago
- #Dbacks thought they had a deal with the #Marlins to swap Miley for Nate Eovaldi. Would have preferred that to the de la Rosa/Webster trade., 3 hours ago