A week after the .500 end to the Arizona season, the MLB Division Series are in full swing. Consequently, there isn’t too much to report on what’s been written on the D-backs in the last week.
We will still be publishing regularly in the offseason, although we may draw back a bit from 5 posts a week. Check out the recent four-part series on the roster, and keep an eye out as Jeff continues to publish posts on the seasons and top performers of the Arizona minor league affiliates.
Those of us rooting for an early exit for the Dodgers haven’t gotten their wish so far, as the Dodgers lead in their series over the Braves 2-1. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Red Sox drub the Dodgers into submission, if both teams win the World Series…
- Nick Piecoro had more on the D-backs’ broadcasted plans to pick up a power bat. To me, all of the “or it could be Matt Davidson” we have seen from Kevin Towers is just hedging, a fig leaf for negotiations. But I think Jeff is completely on point about Kevin Towers releasing all these plans, unless they’re a ploy…
- Dan Bickley had at least a few dozen words on how the Arizona franchise may have been overtaken by the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Steve Gilbert wrapped the after-season organizational meetings for the D-backs. Steve also wrote on what the 2014 roster may look like.
- At AZ Snake Pit, Jim McLennan posted on what went right this year, and what went wrong. Agree with practically everything here — I’ll just make the very minor point that it was less that Miguel Montero had a terrible year, and more that he had just an incredibly bad first two months. I’m betting on a bounce back, all the way.
- Jim also addressed Goldy’s MVP candidacy. Be sure also to check out what the D-backs published.
- Venom Strikes’ Matthew Hochberg worries about Matt Williams getting a job elsewhere.
- Elite Defense of Pollock, Inciarte Could Enable D-backs to Employ Five Man Infield Shifts
- Could the Diamondbacks Sign Former Dave Stewart Client Chad Billingsley?
- Nick Ahmed Shines for a Veteran Reno Aces Club in 2014
- Jake Lamb, Archie Bradley have different seasons for Double-A Mobile
- Roundup: Chip Hale’s Coaching Staff; NL West Changes
- Top Prospects Blair, Shipley and Drury Power Rawhide Success
- Position Players Gone Wrong: 2014 ZiPS Projections Versus Reality
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @thepoolshot: Episode 3 is live: pitching, an awkward situation for Dave Stewart, and the minors: http://t.co/dskli67xmC, 2 hours ago
- Are Pollock and Inciarte so good that they shouldn't play next to each other? How about some 5-man INF shifts? http://t.co/qbvGL7osvs, Oct 24
- How did Maddon's agent not know or remember the two-week opt out period in the event of a Friedman departure? He had to learn from the team?, Oct 24
- RT @pootpoot: Whipped up the podcast logo for the boys at @thepoolshot. Talking all things D-Backs and Sabermetrics. Good luck!, Oct 24
- RT @thepoolshot: Our fantastic new podcast logo was designed by @pootpoot. Check out his minimalist ballpark designs (incl Chase!): http://t.co/s2drsbufK9, Oct 24