A week after the .500 end to the Arizona season, the MLB Division Series are in full swing. Consequently, there isn’t too much to report on what’s been written on the D-backs in the last week.
We will still be publishing regularly in the offseason, although we may draw back a bit from 5 posts a week. Check out the recent four-part series on the roster, and keep an eye out as Jeff continues to publish posts on the seasons and top performers of the Arizona minor league affiliates.
Those of us rooting for an early exit for the Dodgers haven’t gotten their wish so far, as the Dodgers lead in their series over the Braves 2-1. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Red Sox drub the Dodgers into submission, if both teams win the World Series…
- Nick Piecoro had more on the D-backs’ broadcasted plans to pick up a power bat. To me, all of the “or it could be Matt Davidson” we have seen from Kevin Towers is just hedging, a fig leaf for negotiations. But I think Jeff is completely on point about Kevin Towers releasing all these plans, unless they’re a ploy…
- Dan Bickley had at least a few dozen words on how the Arizona franchise may have been overtaken by the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Steve Gilbert wrapped the after-season organizational meetings for the D-backs. Steve also wrote on what the 2014 roster may look like.
- At AZ Snake Pit, Jim McLennan posted on what went right this year, and what went wrong. Agree with practically everything here — I’ll just make the very minor point that it was less that Miguel Montero had a terrible year, and more that he had just an incredibly bad first two months. I’m betting on a bounce back, all the way.
- Jim also addressed Goldy’s MVP candidacy. Be sure also to check out what the D-backs published.
- Venom Strikes’ Matthew Hochberg worries about Matt Williams getting a job elsewhere.
- Snakebitten: Though Relatively Healthy, Injuries Confounding D-backs Outfield
- Finding Another Brad Ziegler
- Where Did Our Patrick Corbin Go?
- What the D-backs Can Learn From the Giants
- Speaking with Top Draft Picks: Previewing D-backs Short Season Affiliates
- Yasmany Are Called But Few Are Chosen: The Time Has Come to Build for 2017, Better Embrace It
- What the D-backs Can Learn From the Rockies
Powered by: Web Designers
- Must see tv here, Jake Lamb in the ninth, tie game, 11 hours ago
- This #Dbacks game has had everything but drinking nuns, 12 hours ago
- RT @InsidetheZona: New at Inside the 'Zona: Finding Another Brad Ziegler https://t.co/HlS1twXXjQ, 14 hours ago
- RT @statcast: That went 453 feet, the longest homer of the season for @JakeLamb18 . https://t.co/YH1A5kw3yP #Statcast https://t.co/NZcdUW05hv, 13 hours ago
- Jake Lamb makes me so god damn happy. This is 2013 Goldy all over again., 14 hours ago
Powered by: Web Designers
- ICYMI, my @BeerGraphs re-entry! https://t.co/XSG2ZnzmZ6, 59 mins ago
- RT @youknow_OJ: Penny now has 2 Baby Alive dolls. Penny:They're twins! Me:How do you tell them apart? Penny: one has green eyes https://t.co/h1iLWRe5Xk, 15 hours ago
- Just okay, but I'm a fan of the brewery overall - Drinking a Snake Bite Porter by @silvermoonbeer - https://t.co/BACzsmHYQN, 12 hours ago
- I just earned the 'New Brew Thursday (Level 6)' badge on @untappd! https://t.co/36Tf4J97wm #NewBrewThursday, 12 hours ago
- WARNING: my trackpad batteries have been Very Low for a week. Dear Apple, I'll change them when they die. Thanks., 16 hours ago
FanGraphs Stats Glossary
Nick Piecoro Author Page
Cot's Baseball Contracts
BP Base Running Stats
Previously on The Pool Shot, the guys explained some of their favorite advanced stats. Hitting, including wRC+, HHAV and batted ball; pitching (38:00), including FIP, xFIP and SIERA; and baserunning and defense, including UBR, UZR and DRS (58:00).