The Arizona Diamondbacks released a flyer to the national media yesterday lobbying for Paul Goldschmidt to take home NL MVP honors. Here’s a look at that release: Goldschmidt for NL MVP
Obviously, Goldy is deserving and we certainly hope he gets recognized for an outstanding season. Anything less than second place in the voting is a disservice and one could argue the same for anything but a win. Biases exist, however, and the Diamondbacks didn’t make the playoffs.
Perhaps most notable is the fact that the front office utilized advanced metrics like Win Probability Added (WPA), Wins Above Replacement (WAR) and Weighted Runs Created Plus (wRC+) to advertise Goldy’s candidacy. On top of just being awesome (which isn’t a metric, YET), Paul has a very legitimate statistical case to make when it comes to the NL MVP crown. Fingers crossed, maybe he pulls off a stunner.
Drop us a line in the comments and let us know why you think Paul Goldschmidt should take home the NL MVP crown!
[Flyer courtesy of the Arizona Diamondbacks]
- Top 10 D-backs Trade Assets
- Will the D-backs Address their Imbalance at the Plate?
- The D-backs’ Rotation has a Long Way to Go
- Roundup: Order Among Winter Meetings Chaos; Humidor the Key to the Offseason?
- Are the Diamondbacks Rebuilding, Retooling, or Doing Something Else?
- D-backs Place Enormous Bet on Themselves by Trading Wade Miley
- Montero is First D-backs Financial Casualty of Winter
Powered by: Web Designers
- Top 10 #Dbacks trade assets: http://t.co/cTRc5C2RlN You will definitely disagree with me. That's okay., 1 hour ago
- Good-bye, departing #Dbacks DLR. It's been Eureal., 3 hours ago
- Mariners in on a mystery hitter, Red Sox talking Allen Craig with a mystery team., 3 hours ago
- RT @BAnderson_30: Maybe the pilot was being comical because he knew this flight would be like a R.A. Dickey knuckleball....I hate him even more now., 4 hours ago
- Looks like the #Dbacks are out of the running for David Ross. Plenty of other marginal options, as we talked about on Ep 9 of @thepoolshot., 8 hours ago
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @davidgtemple: We're teaching you how to build a Retrosheet database @techgraphs. Here's the first part >> http://t.co/TCVDzkORtc, 2 hours ago
- RT @jazayerli: I mean, if Medlen maxes out his incentives he'll earn $18.5M, less than Volquez. And a healthy Medlen is probably a really effective Medlen., 2 hours ago
- RT @enosarris: I calculated a ‘neediness’ stat and then showed the biggest remaining lineup needs http://t.co/QXXDTxtvU9 (biggest by team at bottom), 3 hours ago
- RT @michaelbd: WARNING: http://t.co/AzeKES1fJc, 2 hours ago
- #hottake RT @InsidetheZona: Good-bye, departing #Dbacks DLR. It's been Eureal., 3 hours ago