The Arizona Diamondbacks released a flyer to the national media yesterday lobbying for Paul Goldschmidt to take home NL MVP honors. Here’s a look at that release: Goldschmidt for NL MVP
Obviously, Goldy is deserving and we certainly hope he gets recognized for an outstanding season. Anything less than second place in the voting is a disservice and one could argue the same for anything but a win. Biases exist, however, and the Diamondbacks didn’t make the playoffs.
Perhaps most notable is the fact that the front office utilized advanced metrics like Win Probability Added (WPA), Wins Above Replacement (WAR) and Weighted Runs Created Plus (wRC+) to advertise Goldy’s candidacy. On top of just being awesome (which isn’t a metric, YET), Paul has a very legitimate statistical case to make when it comes to the NL MVP crown. Fingers crossed, maybe he pulls off a stunner.
Drop us a line in the comments and let us know why you think Paul Goldschmidt should take home the NL MVP crown!
[Flyer courtesy of the Arizona Diamondbacks]
- Bradley and Drury Battling, Relievers Shining in the Arizona Fall League
- This is the Offseason to Extend A.J. Pollock, if Ever
- Roundup: Bryan Minniti Hired as AGM; Inside the ‘Zona Gets its Saber-Sherpa Wish?
- Elite Defense of Pollock, Inciarte Could Enable D-backs to Employ Five Man Infield Shifts
- Could the Diamondbacks Sign Former Dave Stewart Client Chad Billingsley?
- Nick Ahmed Shines for a Veteran Reno Aces Club in 2014
- Jake Lamb, Archie Bradley have different seasons for Double-A Mobile
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @OJCarrasco: @InsidetheZona 3000 calories or just less than 6 big macs, 46 mins ago
- "How many D-Bat Dogs sold this season?" Answer: 9,517. Next question: "Is the calorie count of a D-Bat Dog higher or lower than 9,517?", 60 mins ago
- .@dschoenfield ranks all World Series Game 7s. Out of 36, where does the 2001 #Dbacks clincher rank? http://t.co/KUcXkGvpPv, 1 hour ago
- Kids and Canadians, don't smoak, Oct 28
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: Should the #Dbacks extend AJ Pollock this winter? I think so, and here's how I would do it: http://t.co/XyeddpUTW7, Oct 28