The Arizona Diamondbacks released a flyer to the national media yesterday lobbying for Paul Goldschmidt to take home NL MVP honors. Here’s a look at that release: Goldschmidt for NL MVP
Obviously, Goldy is deserving and we certainly hope he gets recognized for an outstanding season. Anything less than second place in the voting is a disservice and one could argue the same for anything but a win. Biases exist, however, and the Diamondbacks didn’t make the playoffs.
Perhaps most notable is the fact that the front office utilized advanced metrics like Win Probability Added (WPA), Wins Above Replacement (WAR) and Weighted Runs Created Plus (wRC+) to advertise Goldy’s candidacy. On top of just being awesome (which isn’t a metric, YET), Paul has a very legitimate statistical case to make when it comes to the NL MVP crown. Fingers crossed, maybe he pulls off a stunner.
Drop us a line in the comments and let us know why you think Paul Goldschmidt should take home the NL MVP crown!
[Flyer courtesy of the Arizona Diamondbacks]
- Is Kevin Towers Going For Broke?
- Why RHP Will Harris Should Be the Second Lefty Reliever, and Why J.J. Putz Should Close
- Reed For Davidson: Better For The Diamondbacks Than You Might Think
- Dealing from Depth (Again), Towers Trades Matt Davidson for Valuable Reliever Addison Reed
- Roundup: One Big Move Down, One to Go
Powered by: Web Designers
- Spurred by some recent news to say: #Dbacks org is the classiest and smartest in the biz. @DHallDbacks & co. are the greatest., 6 hours ago
- Make time for this @OutfieldGrass24 post on if Towers is going for broke: http://t.co/WilqijSdVs Might be the big debate for the next 9 mos., 7 hours ago
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: Glad to have Chavez back. As I said before, he was just about guaranteed back after the Davidson/Reed trade. Important piece for #Dbacks, Dec 18
- Post: the new-look 2014 #Dbacks pen, why RHP Will Harris should be the second pen "lefty," and why Putz should close. http://t.co/ZHhjLGJost, Dec 18
- RT @keithlaw: New #BehindtheDish podcast, featuring @Rangers GM Jon Daniels and Dbacks beat writer @nickpiecoro: http://t.co/y2ukN6EZsH, Dec 17
Dbacks TagsA.J. Pollock Aaron Hill Adam Eaton Andrew Chafin Anthony Meo Archie Bradley arizona diamondbacks Brandon McCarthy Bullpen Chris Owings Cody Ross David Hernandez David Holmberg Diamondbacks Didi Gregorius Eric Chavez Eury de la Rosa Gerardo Parra J.J. Putz Jason Kubel Josh Collmenter Kevin Towers Kirk Gibson mark trumbo Martin Prado Matt Davidson Matt Reynolds Miguel Montero Minor Leagues MVP outfield Patrick Corbin Paul Goldschmidt Prospects Randall Delgado rotation Tony Sipp Top Prospects trade trades Transactions Trevor Cahill Tyler Skaggs Wil Nieves yoenis cespedes