The Arizona Diamondbacks released a flyer to the national media yesterday lobbying for Paul Goldschmidt to take home NL MVP honors. Here’s a look at that release: Goldschmidt for NL MVP
Obviously, Goldy is deserving and we certainly hope he gets recognized for an outstanding season. Anything less than second place in the voting is a disservice and one could argue the same for anything but a win. Biases exist, however, and the Diamondbacks didn’t make the playoffs.
Perhaps most notable is the fact that the front office utilized advanced metrics like Win Probability Added (WPA), Wins Above Replacement (WAR) and Weighted Runs Created Plus (wRC+) to advertise Goldy’s candidacy. On top of just being awesome (which isn’t a metric, YET), Paul has a very legitimate statistical case to make when it comes to the NL MVP crown. Fingers crossed, maybe he pulls off a stunner.
Drop us a line in the comments and let us know why you think Paul Goldschmidt should take home the NL MVP crown!
[Flyer courtesy of the Arizona Diamondbacks]
- Why Pulling Bradley for Perez Was Just So Wrong
- Roundup: #FreeJakeLamb; Yasmany Tomas Role; Gerald Laird Has Surgery
- Daniel Hudson’s Devastating New Approach
- With Callup, Outlooks for Yasmany Tomas and Outfield Playing Time More Obscured
- Reno Aces (AAA) 2015 Preview
- Mobile BayBears (AA) 2015 Preview
- Visalia Rawhide (A+) 2015 Preview
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @Aces: Really, we're going to have to look into protecting these billboards. Peter O'Brien just blasted another one with his 4th HR. 6-2, Aces!, 17 hours ago
- I guess Trevor Bauer just didn't have #TWTW tonight., 18 hours ago
- Jake Lamb has faced the toughest competition (oppOPS .648), and has the highest OPS (1.204) #FreeJakeLamb https://t.co/UmdCYCNU0i, 23 hours ago
- Of the 10 #Dbacks hitters with 30 PA, Aaron Hill has faced the easiest competition per BP's oppOPS (.741). He has the 2nd-worst OPS (.445)., 23 hours ago
- RT @msimonespn: Teams on pace to double/nearly double shift usage from 2014 to 2015 Rays Rockies(x7) Dodgers Cubs Diamondbacks Reds Tigers Marlins, Apr 20
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @MSteill: @ryanpmorrison named starting 3B. Doesn't play opening day. Splits time w/ hill. Rakes when played. dbacks conclusion: Let's not play him, 26 mins ago
- RT @ElChosenJuan94: #FreeJakeLamb, 29 mins ago
- RT @StelliniTweets: #FreeJakeLamb #FreeJakeLamb Tell your friends., 33 mins ago
- RT @ryanpmorrison: Guys, we need to get #FreeJakeLamb trending. Please do it. If you ever loved me. #FreeJakeLamb, 34 mins ago
- #FreeJakeLamb, 35 mins ago
FanGraphs Stats Glossary
Nick Piecoro Author Page
Cot's Baseball Contracts
BP Base Running Stats
Previously on The Pool Shot, the guys explained some of their favorite advanced stats. Hitting, including wRC+, HHAV and batted ball; pitching (38:00), including FIP, xFIP and SIERA; and baserunning and defense, including UBR, UZR and DRS (58:00).