The Arizona Diamondbacks released a flyer to the national media yesterday lobbying for Paul Goldschmidt to take home NL MVP honors. Here’s a look at that release: Goldschmidt for NL MVP
Obviously, Goldy is deserving and we certainly hope he gets recognized for an outstanding season. Anything less than second place in the voting is a disservice and one could argue the same for anything but a win. Biases exist, however, and the Diamondbacks didn’t make the playoffs.
Perhaps most notable is the fact that the front office utilized advanced metrics like Win Probability Added (WPA), Wins Above Replacement (WAR) and Weighted Runs Created Plus (wRC+) to advertise Goldy’s candidacy. On top of just being awesome (which isn’t a metric, YET), Paul has a very legitimate statistical case to make when it comes to the NL MVP crown. Fingers crossed, maybe he pulls off a stunner.
Drop us a line in the comments and let us know why you think Paul Goldschmidt should take home the NL MVP crown!
[Flyer courtesy of the Arizona Diamondbacks]
- Minor League Update: DSL Check-in
- Who’s Steering This Ship?
- Roundup: Brett Jackson Trade; Lessons from Saber Seminar
- Don’t Share Trade Secrets
- D-backs Could Explore Waiver Trade of Resurgent Trevor Cahill
- Minor League Update: Williams Promoted, Trahan Catching and Redefining O’Brien
- Jake Lamb: Welcome to The Show
Powered by: Web Designers
- "I would like the #4 starter season ticket package, please. I assume there's a discount." "Yes, we offer a discount on our full ticket plan", 13 hours ago
- Whether you think your team should pay for Scherzer comes down to whether you think his bad contact management means he'll age poorly, IMHO, 14 hours ago
- RT @pickypants14: Let's get to work! #GoDbacks, 14 hours ago