The Arizona Diamondbacks released a flyer to the national media yesterday lobbying for Paul Goldschmidt to take home NL MVP honors. Here’s a look at that release: Goldschmidt for NL MVP
Obviously, Goldy is deserving and we certainly hope he gets recognized for an outstanding season. Anything less than second place in the voting is a disservice and one could argue the same for anything but a win. Biases exist, however, and the Diamondbacks didn’t make the playoffs.
Perhaps most notable is the fact that the front office utilized advanced metrics like Win Probability Added (WPA), Wins Above Replacement (WAR) and Weighted Runs Created Plus (wRC+) to advertise Goldy’s candidacy. On top of just being awesome (which isn’t a metric, YET), Paul has a very legitimate statistical case to make when it comes to the NL MVP crown. Fingers crossed, maybe he pulls off a stunner.
Drop us a line in the comments and let us know why you think Paul Goldschmidt should take home the NL MVP crown!
[Flyer courtesy of the Arizona Diamondbacks]
Powered by: Web Designers
- From @DCameronFG at #SABRanalytics -- Archie Bradley probably should not be used as an eighth inning "wonderhorse." I agree..., 14 hours ago
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: The State of #Dbacks Catching: should we be concerned? http://t.co/orsSdg01s9 Question at the MLB level, not much on the horizon., Mar 12
- Just handed a news bulletin: in 10.5 days, the #Dbacks will be playing a regular season game. (really? yes?) Yes, I'm told that's correct., Mar 11
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: Stryker Trahan, Raywilly Gomez, Blake Lalli, Tuffy Gosewich. The #Dbacks have a new market inefficiency: catchers with great names., Mar 11
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: Archie Bradley will start an exhibition game for #Dbacks in Australia, but that hardly means he starts in the majors: http://t.co/HZqMFa4h8Q, Mar 11
- Follow Inside the 'Zona on Facebook. Because internet.