The Arizona Diamondbacks released a flyer to the national media yesterday lobbying for Paul Goldschmidt to take home NL MVP honors. Here’s a look at that release: Goldschmidt for NL MVP
Obviously, Goldy is deserving and we certainly hope he gets recognized for an outstanding season. Anything less than second place in the voting is a disservice and one could argue the same for anything but a win. Biases exist, however, and the Diamondbacks didn’t make the playoffs.
Perhaps most notable is the fact that the front office utilized advanced metrics like Win Probability Added (WPA), Wins Above Replacement (WAR) and Weighted Runs Created Plus (wRC+) to advertise Goldy’s candidacy. On top of just being awesome (which isn’t a metric, YET), Paul has a very legitimate statistical case to make when it comes to the NL MVP crown. Fingers crossed, maybe he pulls off a stunner.
Drop us a line in the comments and let us know why you think Paul Goldschmidt should take home the NL MVP crown!
[Flyer courtesy of the Arizona Diamondbacks]
Powered by: Web Designers
- Worth remembering: sinkerballer Derek Lowe did just fine as a closer. Cahill looking pretty good here. Like, really good, 27 mins ago
- RT @ProductiveOuts: First caught-stealing in Goldschmidt's entire career. (I didn't look this up, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.), 33 mins ago
- RT @pickypants14: Aaron Hill is clutch! #GoDbacks, 37 mins ago
- #ActionJacksonPollock takes the extra base with no outs, 42 mins ago
- Not to disagree with @BertDbacks, but as of Weds, 52% of the batters faced by Thatcher this season hit right handed, 49 mins ago
- Follow Inside the 'Zona on Facebook. Because internet.