The Arizona Diamondbacks released a flyer to the national media yesterday lobbying for Paul Goldschmidt to take home NL MVP honors. Here’s a look at that release: Goldschmidt for NL MVP
Obviously, Goldy is deserving and we certainly hope he gets recognized for an outstanding season. Anything less than second place in the voting is a disservice and one could argue the same for anything but a win. Biases exist, however, and the Diamondbacks didn’t make the playoffs.
Perhaps most notable is the fact that the front office utilized advanced metrics like Win Probability Added (WPA), Wins Above Replacement (WAR) and Weighted Runs Created Plus (wRC+) to advertise Goldy’s candidacy. On top of just being awesome (which isn’t a metric, YET), Paul has a very legitimate statistical case to make when it comes to the NL MVP crown. Fingers crossed, maybe he pulls off a stunner.
Drop us a line in the comments and let us know why you think Paul Goldschmidt should take home the NL MVP crown!
[Flyer courtesy of the Arizona Diamondbacks]
- Explaining Mark Trumbo’s Power Outage
- Expanded Roster Call Up Options
- Bradley and Drury Headline D-backs in the Arizona Fall League
- La Russa Speaks, D-backs Must Adjust
- Roundup: Aaron Hill to Third, Jake Lamb to Somewhere
- How Much of Vidal Nuno’s Performance is Real, and How Much is Luck?
- A Mark Trumbo Platoon or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Ender’s Game
Powered by: Web Designers
- #IfMyPhoneGotHacked http://t.co/vcNzCOp5e8, Sep 01
- TV shows: you get my undying loyalty if you use a U2 song in an awesome way. #SonsOfAnarchy #Alias, Sep 01
- A little Tom Petty never hurt anyone http://t.co/nlphJg4dxC, Aug 31
- RT @ScottLindholm: #Cubs ICYMI (and really, what WAS your excuse anyway?) what I wrote about Jorge Soler yesterday http://t.co/tRx6lhahZb, Aug 30
- RT @azjazzyj: This game is like my prom. I didn't score either. #GoDbacks, Aug 30