The Arizona Diamondbacks released a flyer to the national media yesterday lobbying for Paul Goldschmidt to take home NL MVP honors. Here’s a look at that release: Goldschmidt for NL MVP
Obviously, Goldy is deserving and we certainly hope he gets recognized for an outstanding season. Anything less than second place in the voting is a disservice and one could argue the same for anything but a win. Biases exist, however, and the Diamondbacks didn’t make the playoffs.
Perhaps most notable is the fact that the front office utilized advanced metrics like Win Probability Added (WPA), Wins Above Replacement (WAR) and Weighted Runs Created Plus (wRC+) to advertise Goldy’s candidacy. On top of just being awesome (which isn’t a metric, YET), Paul has a very legitimate statistical case to make when it comes to the NL MVP crown. Fingers crossed, maybe he pulls off a stunner.
Drop us a line in the comments and let us know why you think Paul Goldschmidt should take home the NL MVP crown!
[Flyer courtesy of the Arizona Diamondbacks]
Fans Scouting ReportTom Tango does the rest of the analytics community a favor, by compiling fans' scouting reports for fielding. Do us a favor! Please consider grading D-backs fielders at Tango's site.
- D-backs Starting Pitchers Too Homer Happy
- Is Eury De la Rosa’s Recent Success for Real?
- Montero and Miley: A Match Made in Pitch Framing Heaven
- D-backs Have Free Agent Options, Limited Flexibility in 2015
- Missoula Osprey: Season in Review
- Minor League Seasons in Review: a Brief Primer
- Roundup: D-backs Veering in Wrong Direction in GM Search?
Powered by: Web Designers
- Miguel Montero is tied for first in Games Played for the D-backs, with Aaron Hill. Also: Montero is a catcher who doesn't play 1B. 1G at DH., 59 mins ago
- Hey @BMcCarthy32, @jnmcrms named a cat after you, and it just showed up after missing for a YEAR. This is eight kinds of awesome., 15 hours ago
- Mark Trumbo now has more HRs at Coors Field this season than at Chase Field this season., 19 hours ago
- Almost 20% of Mark Trumbo's 2014 home runs have come at Coors Field today, 19 hours ago