My goodness, there are a ton of relief arms in camp this spring. I know, I know. This isn’t exactly unheard of as relievers, especially those not slated for late inning duty, are probably the most fungible assets in the game. They’re also the most volatile. With performances fluctuating wildly and sample sizes small, evaluating relievers is difficult in the …Continue Reading →
On Monday, the Diamondbacks made a big announcement. Okay, maybe not so big, but at least it was an announcement. The team will bring 23 non-roster invitees to Spring Training. These are all players who are not part of the team’s 40-man roster. There are some exciting names and some who you might be wondering about. Let’s go rapid fire …Continue Reading →
Whenever decisions don’t seem to make sense, it may always be because of missing information. Over the last year, there have been very many decisions by the D-backs front office that have been hard to understand. A staggering number of them suddenly make sense, though, with a single bit of information: this team has prioritized ground balls. With their recent …Continue Reading →
- Baseball Prospectus is Coming to Chase Field — Join Us!
- Ketel Marte Wins, Diamondbacks Win, Baseball Maybe Doesn’t
- New Ventures and Familiar Places
- How Big is the Souza/Martinez Gap with a Humidor Installed?
- Doubting Tomás: The Trouble with Finding Yasmany Playing Time
- D-backs Miss Martinez, Add Souza and Stay Flexible
- D-backs Prospects Through the Years (Part 2)
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: Patrick Corbin has a WPA of .318 and it's only the fifth inning., Apr 04
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @cdgoldstein: This is like using the fire emoji about buca di beppo https://t.co/E3qB5uhi9J, May 05
- I’m sure our server will understand https://t.co/6bebNNY6fs, May 05
- RT @2080adam: #Diamondbacks RHP Jhoan Duran makes his 2018 debut tonight for @KCCougars. Was one of the top pitching prospects in… https://t.co/9akGimlQSs, May 04
- RT @TheAthleticAZ: The Diamondbacks are helping themselves by making more quality contact than they’re allowing, and @OutfieldGrass24… https://t.co/Xi0URnIWKc, May 04
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: Announcement: my friends at @baseballpro are hosting a fantastic event at Chase Field in June! Meet BP staffers lik… https://t.co/HRHoi8XO00, May 03
FanGraphs Stats Glossary
Nick Piecoro Author Page
Cot's Baseball Contracts
BP Base Running Stats
Previously on The Pool Shot, the guys explained some of their favorite advanced stats. Hitting, including wRC+, HHAV and batted ball; pitching (38:00), including FIP, xFIP and SIERA; and baserunning and defense, including UBR, UZR and DRS (58:00).