Last week we began a fun exercise, looking deeply at the highest ranked Diamondbacks prospects of all time. We’ll keep it rolling today as we discuss prospect classes from 2008 through present with the use of Baseball America’s all-time top 100 prospect lists. Let’s just dive right in, shall we?
With the graduation of guys like Justin Upton, …Continue Reading →
The D-backs are in the midst of a fine April. They’ve won 12 of their first 14 games at home this season, a tally that seems like it took forever to reach last year. They’ve averaged something like 7.5 runs per game at home and they are halfway through a 10-game homestand that’ll eventually bring the division-leading Rockies to town. …Continue Reading →
The Diamondbacks’ minor league system is down as a whole given the departures of guys like Touki Toussaint, Dansby Swanson and Aaron Blair. Not helping things, Archie Bradley has kind of stalled and if it weren’t for a strong close to the 2015 season from Braden Shipley, things might look really bad. All of that said, there …Continue Reading →
- Diamondbacks 2018 Draft Thoughts
- Baseball Prospectus is Coming to Chase Field — Join Us!
- Ketel Marte Wins, Diamondbacks Win, Baseball Maybe Doesn’t
- New Ventures and Familiar Places
- How Big is the Souza/Martinez Gap with a Humidor Installed?
- Doubting Tomás: The Trouble with Finding Yasmany Playing Time
- D-backs Miss Martinez, Add Souza and Stay Flexible
Powered by: Web Designers
- Best part of Peralta’s 108 mph fliner over the fence, IMHO: that he got that much leverage despite scooping it out… https://t.co/ivBrl76adF, Apr 08
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: If you're bored of watching Patrick Corbin get dudes out, you can check out my latest for @TheAthleticAZ. https://t.co/k1DymgY7zO, Apr 04
- Of course, they may have overtaken the league lead for outs on the bases just now, also... But in 2017, Arizona ha… https://t.co/38MBrr2D4b, Apr 04
- Prior to the games today, there had only been 5 steals of 3rd this season (and no CS) in the National League. The… https://t.co/gVVL84vPQ5, Apr 04
- RT @OutfieldGrass24: Patrick Corbin has a WPA of .318 and it's only the fifth inning., Apr 04
Powered by: Web Designers
- They used to call me "Clutch" in high school. (no one has ever called me that) https://t.co/Q3JnRzBYRh, 23 mins ago
- Now is a good time to be writing this Daniel Descalso article for @TheAthleticAZ..., 23 mins ago
- Paul Goldschmidt is 6-9 in this series. #nice https://t.co/KQqJVsuvAd, 31 mins ago
- Rhetorical questions, I'm assuming. https://t.co/M4CGOmV81V, 43 mins ago
- Is Brandon Crawford perpetually sweaty or does he use product in those locks?, 54 mins ago
FanGraphs Stats Glossary
Nick Piecoro Author Page
Cot's Baseball Contracts
BP Base Running Stats
Previously on The Pool Shot, the guys explained some of their favorite advanced stats. Hitting, including wRC+, HHAV and batted ball; pitching (38:00), including FIP, xFIP and SIERA; and baserunning and defense, including UBR, UZR and DRS (58:00).